VP, Regional Risk & Compliance – China
||Risk Management, Compliance
||Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
||RMB576,000-696,000 per annum
||10th June 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a large regional conglomerate listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange, looking to expand their footprint in China. They have 3 main businesses in China – namely Automotive, Logistics and Heavy Industry. They are looking for a strong Risk & Compliance expert to join their organisation as Risk & Compliance VP for the China region.
- Compliance & Integrity:
- Responsible for the implementation of the Compliance Management Framework, compliance policies and integrity standards.
- Risk Management:
- Responsible for the coordination and promotion of a risk management culture and the implementation of the risk management framework, methodology, system and processes as key enablers for the achievement of the business objectives of the Group.
- Policy Governance:
- Ensure that the organisation’s compliance program and company policies and procedures are adhered to, across all business divisions, and compliance issues are monitored, as well as addressed in a fair, transparent and timely manner.
- Corporate Compliance:
- Develop and execute compliance monitoring programs to monitor, track and detect status of mitigation actions, and to prepare periodical report on compliance issues and status.
- Provide advice and guidance on matters relating to compliance according to local laws and regulations and country.
- Identify potential areas of compliance and vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate attestation processes for regulatory compliance monitoring, and other programs involving regional business units.
- Cascade awareness and training programs, commensurate to participant’s area of responsibilities, for all employees, towards achieving an awareness of the organization’s compliance programs, including policies (including localized regional policies), control mechanisms and the channel of reporting, supplemented with refresher courses for all employees.
- Work with Human Resource on development and implementation of induction programs, and cultural programs for newly recruited employees/employees deemed to require additional trainings, in order to embed the right culture and values across the region.
- Coordinate investigation of allegations of wrongdoings or breach of the Code of Business Conduct, and Group Polices and Authorities.
- Risk Governance, Policy & Framework:
- Assist in implementing and communicating the Group Risk Management Policy, Enterprise Risk Management Framework and its supplementary guidelines.
- This includes translating the above documents in the local language
- Risk Assessment:
- Coordinate “review” of risk profiles on a periodic basis ensuring risks are identified, reviewed and assessed by respective owners and status of risk treatment plans. This includes conducting risk workshop(s) (whenever necessary) attended by Senior Management/Board Members.
- Participate in and/or coordinate Process Improvement / Project / CAPEX / Investment proposal risk assessments in conjunction with relevant project team and/or coordinator.
- On an on-going basis, advise and report to Senior Management / Head of Risk on risk related issues that arise throughout the region / organisation.
- Continuously identify and assess emerging risks and trends in the industry, and advising management where appropriate to address any threats / exposures.
- Assist with risk monitoring activities including derivation of KRIs, collation of KRI data and report to Senior Management.
- Risk Management Capacity Building
- Build a risk-aware culture via stakeholder engagement, assisting in ongoing education and appropriate briefing and training.
- Collaborate and assist Group Risk in developing training materials and organising training programme for the risk fraternity (risk and control owners, co-owners, risk champions and other relevant stakeholders).
- Business Continuity Management
- Assist with coordination of the Group’s BCM Programme.
- Review the overall effectiveness of the BCM programme within the region, identify gaps and work with business owners / unit heads to enhance the overall effectiveness of business continuity plans in place.
- Relevant tertiary education in the field of Business Administration / Risk Management / Finance or other related disciplines).
- At least 7 to 10 years’ experience in the field of risk, compliance or other relevant disciplines within risk, governance and control.
- Possess reasonable knowledge and understanding of global and local risk management standards; and able to apply these into day-to-day risk management activities.
- Possess critical thinking / analytical skills and able to form independent opinion on risk / compliance matters.
- Able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent stakeholder engagement skills, perceived as a reliable business partner in terms of providing value added solutions / recommendations.
- Possess reasonable presentation and communication skills (both English and local language).
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!