Vice President, Risk Management
||Risk Management, Energy/Resources
Email Wai Ling
||Up to MYR 320,000 per annum
||11th July 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the largest energy and natural resources company with worldwide presence. The role is primarily responsible to assist and provide support function to Group Risk Management Department.
- Review, recommend and enhance (where appropriate) Group Risk Management’s roadmap, policy, framework, methodology and system.
- Build a risk-aware culture by providing ongoing education and appropriate briefing and training.
- Coordinate “updates” of risk registers on a quarterly basis (or more frequently where the risk profile changes significantly), ensuring risks are identified, reviewed and assessed adequately.
- Coordinate review of risk registers on an annual basis ensuring risks are identified, reviewed and assessed by respective owners and status of risk treatment plans by conducting risk workshops attended by the Senior Management.
- Coordinate “clean sheet of paper” top-down review of risk registers at periodic intervals ensuring risks are identified, reviewed and assessed by respective owners and status of risk treatment plans.
- Participate in and/or coordinate Process Improvement / Project / CAPEX / Investment proposal risk assessments in conjunction with relevant project team and/or coordinator.
- Assist Risk Management programs with remediation strategies and implementation of improvements.
- On an on-going basis, advise and report to Senior Management risk related issues that arise throughout the organisation.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to ensure adequacy of Risk Management activities to reduce risk exposure.
- Investigate and research emerging risks and trends in the industry advising management where appropriate.
- Assist with derivation of KRIs, collation of KRI data and report to Senior Management.
- Assist with coordination of Business Continuity Planning (BCP). Liaise with Senior Management as to ongoing effectiveness of BCP.
- Preparing, when required, reports for purposes of reporting to Board, Senior Management and other stakeholders. Analyse risk reports to ensure critical, major and key risks (including emerging risks not reported) are consolidated for reporting to GRM.
- Advise on the appropriate Risk Management application tools and software (and subsequent upgrades where necessary).
- Plan and execute continual ERM improvement to strengthen GRM capability, including establishing of Business Continuity Management to increase the company’s resilience against major business disruptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Business Administration / Finance or other related disciplines.
- At least 10-12 years working experience, with at least 5 years in managerial position.
- Experience in Plantation industry (upstream or downstream) is preferred.
- Experience in implementing risk management frameworks is an added advantage.
- Technical Competencies: Excellent analytical capability, strong experience in Enterprise Risk Management & Risk Management software, good written & verbal communication skills.
- Attributes: Leadership, business acumen, results-oriented, people development.
- Strong interpersonal, communication & problem-solving skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!