Senior Technical Architect
||Up to MYR 192,000 per annum
||17th August 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a global leader in providing information, analytical and marketing services to organizations and consumers to help manage the risk, reward of commercial and financial decision. They are looking to recruit a Senior Technical Architect.
- Work and collaborate with architects, development teams and stakeholders across different countries to build and develop new features for our core products
- Deliver quality technical/technology recommendations, proposals and documentations
- Participate/Lead in research and Proof of Concept activities
- Communicate and explain technical/architectural decisions to product and development teams
- Ensure architecture and design recommendations are being followed
- Participate/Lead in global architecture initiatives
- Commitment to the success of architecture projects
- Responsible for implementing accurate and reliable code according to specification to deliver needed functionality (as needed and involving complex modules)
- Responsible for designing and implementing unit tests to validate functionality implemented correctly (as needed and involving complex modules)
- Responsible for documenting code and tests to support on-going maintenance of the code
- Participates in reviews of software engineers’ code to deliver high quality solutions
- Contributes task ideas and estimates to planning process
- Responsible to produce technical designs and communicate them to development team to enable efficient build of the solutions
- Contributes ideas and suggestions for solution designs
- Deal with key stakeholders (internal & external) and to share / sell the solutioning that is being proposed
- Provide technical training within the team to ensure constant knowledge growth
- Keep abreast about new advances in own technology areas and propose the implementation of state-of-art technology
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Information Technology, or equivalent
- 8 years of related experience is required; 70% of hands on coding
- Have experience with and an appreciation of the benefits of software engineering practices and design such as: coding standards, agile (scrum) methodologies and test driven development
- Have a strong passion for software architecture, governance, development processes, technical details, and technologies
- Have experience in designing solutions for high performance, scalability, and reliability; knowledge in Micro Service & SaaS architecture is a plus
- Be proficient in OOAD, in Java, J2EE and its surrounding technologies including application frameworks like SPRING, Hibernate, Web Frameworks, RDBMs, etc.
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in build engineering, code quality and continuous delivery using technologies like Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, Clover, Artifactory, Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in enterprise integration using frameworks like Apache Camel, CXF, ActiveMQ, Web Services/SOA Connectivity, etc.
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in OSGi
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in Big Data technologies (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase)
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in business intelligence systems
- Have good communication, presentation, organizational, interpersonal, programming, troubleshooting, analytical & problem solving skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast moving and challenging environment
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!