Senior Manager, Media Relations
||Corporate Communications, Plantation
||13th February 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the largest energy and natural resources company with worldwide presence. The role will work closely with the Chief Communications Officer to strategise and lead the communications and public relations activities. The role will be responsible for the implementation, management and supervision of all media relation initiatives with the aim of enhancing the organisation’s image among stakeholders. He/she will need to establish, maintain and continually improve processes relating to internal and external communications, branding and corporate responsibility.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a clear communications strategy that is consistent across all aspects of external communications and which is integrated within the corporate communications strategy.
- Strategise and ensure smooth execution of media relations at the Corporate level – press conferences, interviews, media visits, draft and issue press releases and statements, handle media inquiries, media audits, media outreach programmes.
- Identify and engage internal and external stakeholders as part of ongoing operations or issues management. To sustain the corporate reputation.
- Safeguarding the organisation’s image from the public and competitors due to speculation and business crisis.
- Establish media relation policy and processes across the organisation.
- Sustain Corporate Reputation management by strategically utilizing information from key stakeholders.
- Develop research cases base on crisis that have impact towards the financial and reputation stability of the organisation.
- Strategically manage information empowerment to avoid breach of information.
- Sustaining corporate governance due ICT advancement.
- Fostering transitional relationship, and easy access to information for stakeholder to provide feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Political Science, Journalism, Marketing, Corporate Communications, or in other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 12 years’ working experience in communications department or media organisation (editor or management position is crucial).
- Approximately 1-2 years’ experience participating in events and campaign that requires international interaction. For example, managing clients from China or Middle East. Able to handle cross-culture workforce.
- Approximately 10 years of exposure in journalism and media relations at divisional, particularly in branding and communication.
- Approximately 5 years of exposure to marketing and corporate social responsibility.
- Approximately 1-2 years exposure to projects; having managed a media campaign project and participated in divisional communication project.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!