Senior Manager, Head of Engineering
||Oil & Gas, Engineering
||Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
||MYR 480,000 per annum
||17th January 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a Bursa-listed O&G refining company and a listed company. Its main business is to refine and manufacture petroleum products and it is the one of the largest refinery in Malaysia. They are looking for the Head of Engineering who will oversee a team of around 30 staff with the following responsibilities:-
- To lead the Engineering team (Mechanical/Reliability, Rotating Equipment, Instrument, Electrical, Inspection and Turnaround).
- To deliver Technical Discipline Engineering and Inspection support to both Operations/Maintenance and the project functions.
- To act as the Technical Authority in the engineering disciplines listed above and to ensure the section heads and engineers can perform technical authority functions at the appropriate levels.
- To ensure the Inspection function is competent and a strong independent authority.
- Reporting to the COO
- To ensure the Engineering Department has systems, processes and competent people in place to support Maintenance and Operations and Projects as required with in depth engineering support, design and technical sign off.
- To ensure the Inspection function is fully resourced, has a structured Risk Based Inspection (RBI) program and is supported as an independent authority on plant asset condition and integrity (Note: the technical signoff and Inspection responsibilities are a key HSSE accountability in ensuring asset integrity and fitness for purpose).
- To ensure the Turnaround function systems and processes are in line with current best practices, the core TA team is trained and ready to expand for TA events, and to act as a key sponsor of the Turnarounds when they occur.
- To ensure engineering assets at the refinery are managed in a professional manner and comply with statutory and requirements.
- To support Maintenance in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Risk Based Inspection (RBI) in order to deliver optimal Preventative Maintenance and Inspection plans.
- To ensure the engineering design processes to support projects and maintenance follow international standards and that systems are in place to maintain and update engineering records.
- To harness Engineering resources to deliver year on year cost, reliability and performance improvements across the assets. The aspiration is for the refinery overall to meet 1st quartile performance in Engineering and reliability KPIs.
- To develop the pool of Engineering talent, for delivery to the stakeholders and to develop future refinery leaders.
- As a stand-alone company, ensure technical standards and competency do not drop.
- Manage the multiple interfaces with Operations/Maintenance and Project support.
- A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years in the various refinery engineering disciplines (singular or combination) which should include major turnaround management, plant maintenance, reliability & integrity management and contractor management. Should have held major contracts as well as a sound understanding of project management.
- Mature, demonstrated management, leadership, systems, analytical and people skills.
- A good team player, especially with the engineering, operations and support ranks.
- Demonstrated track record in strategic planning and engineering direction.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of the organization and with authorities & external parties.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!