Senior Legal & Governance Executive
||Oil & Gas, Legal
||Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan; or Kuala Lumpur with 50% traveling
||Up to MYR 180,000 per annum
||22nd September 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a Bursa-listed O&G refining company and a listed company. They are looking for a Senior Legal & Governance Executive to join the organization.
This role will provide legal advisory for the whole group of companies, and provide assurance on compliance matter and corporate governance matter inclusive monitoring company secretarial work.
- Provide legal advisory in all aspects of organization business including contracts and procurement, commercial agreement, project management.
- Review, negotiate and administer legal and transactional documentations.
- Engage with key external vendors to monitor contract negotiations, tendering and provide recommendations.
- Manage potential disputes and litigation matters.
- Creating legal template documents and agreements for the Company.
- Observer for Contract and Procurement department meetings, once a month.
- Internal Corporate Secretarial
- Attend Board and Committees meetings and to verify the accuracy of minutes of meeting submitted by Company Secretary (outsourced) prior submission to Board and Committees for confirmation.
- Coordinate Board and Committees meetings and to ensure presentation materials are prepared and ready prior to the respective meetings.
- Secretary for the Company’s Board Tender Committee and Board Projects Review Committee and to draft and record minutes of meeting for confirmation.
- Review Board Papers submitted by respective departments, drafting and seek approval from Board of Director on circular written resolution and drafting and reviewing draft public announcement to Bursa Securities.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of Annual Report materials and Company’s annual general meetings.
- Liaison with Bursa, Securities Commission, MICG and MSWG.
- Attend Directors’ needs and request whenever necessary.
- Manage section staffs.
- Drafting and implement Company’s policies and procedures. Currently the custodian of Company’s Whistleblowing Policy and Raid Primer.
- Assist to review on new policies submitted by respective departments prior to seeking approval from the Board of Directors.
- Involved in SIRIM ISO certification as focal person for legal department.
- For corporate transactions, to ensure transactions or approval made in accordance to available policies Companies Act 2016 and requirements by Bursa Malaysia.
- Currently working with Risk and Internal Audit to create a Compliance Register to ensure a complete checklist of items to be complied with in relation to the Company’s business including permits and licensing requirements.
- Minimum BA Degree in Law/LLB/CLP.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in private practice and/or reputable listed firms, preferably in a downstream Oil & Gas Industry.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders, authorities and external parties.
- Experience in drafting, vetting, and familiar with company and commercial laws, listing guidelines.
- Ability to work well independently with minimum guidance.
- Frequent travelling required.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Good command in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Able to write constructive report.
- Experience of attending board meeting and working on company secretarial matter is preferred.
- Ability to lead a department and manage subordinates. Ability to work with third party or manage outsourcing working.
- ICSA certification will be added advantage.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!