Senior Executive, Procurement, Healthcare Group
||RM96,000 per annum
||19th February 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a regional healthcare group with hospitals in Malaysia & Indonesia, and they are looking for Senior Executive, Procurement. The Senior Executive is responsible to assist the Head of Procurement in overseeing the supervision and organization of the activities in Procurement Department to ensure that all the requests from the users in the particular category are distributed accordingly to do the necessary sourcing. He/she shall ensure the team is handling the request in a proper purchase procedure according to the timeline required and at the same time compliant to the approved guideline and SOP.He/she will lead the team and be responsible to ensure that his or her team member(s) perform duty according to the requirement. He/she is required to track the progression of each work carried out by the team member(s) in regular basis. He/she will be expected to contribute ideas or suggestions to the Head of Procurement in regards to the improvement process and initiative that contribute to the Procurement benefit.
- Supervise the duties of the team members (Executive or Coordinator) to ensure that they perform their duties as required and on time.
- Coordinate and assist in the implementation of systems and procedures for the department relevant to the purchasing procedure.
- Perform job orientation, job training, performance evaluation and the assignment of duties for the new or junior staff in Procurement. Also assist in disciplinary counseling.
- Ensure that the department is well-manned with appropriate skilled personnel so that customers’ expectations are met and high quality service is delivered.
- Monitor the progression of sourcing and the purchase procedure for each request within the department.
- Monitor the progression and the benefit result of each initiative or project within the department.
- Ensure that all purchase requisitions are properly processed according to the approved SOP and to ensure the compliance to the approved guideline.
- Ensure all relevant documents are well stored for reference.
- Ensure the team member has met all the department KPI requirement include timeline and cost savings benefit.
- Able to communicate to the users and vendors appropriately during the purchasing or sourcing process.
- Provides input for the development of relevant policies and Standard Operating Procedures for the department.
- Recommend and ensure appropriate superior’s approval is sought for problem cases beyond the scope of authorization.
- Implement new internal controls and process improvements where appropriate to further safe-guard company’s interest and improve the purchasing timeline.
- Participate and assist in the implementation of company or procurement projects.
- Ensure the vendors deliver the appropriate and quality goods or services.
- Ensure the selection of vendors is according to the approved guideline or SOP.
- Able to work with users to monitor the vendors’ performance. Also to ensure that appropriate measures are taken as necessary to remedy or enhance any short comings in vendors’ performance.
- Liaise with end users, doctors and / or infection control officer on the evaluation of medical supplies and product samples, sources users’ feedback and quantity usage prior to present to Product Evaluation Committee to approve to purchase the product for incorporation into store.
- Proactively engage in the sourcing of vendors for cheaper yet high quality alternative products at best prices.
- To approve on any price variance before the receiving team can do receiving of the goods.
- Review the outstanding open PO in regular basis and follow through the actions needed and to initiate the necessary closure actions of the POs following consultation with end-users.
- Participates in accreditation initiatives and task force activities as well as training programs instituted by the company.
- Provide guidance and training to the new team member regards to department processes and SOP where appropriately.
- Support the team members and provide appropriate guidance or advice where necessary.
- Assists in the provision of timely and accurate submission of monthly management reports or any other reports as required from time to time.
- Working closely with International Procurement Office to ensure the global contract is successfully established and catalogue of items are established.
- Involved pro-actively in establish catalogue or contract of items within organization to ensure cost savings.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of Procurement from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in hospital and materials management practices (purchasing and inventory management functions), OR lower level of certificates with at least 7 years relevant working experience in hospital and materials management practices (purchasing and inventory management functions).
- Computer knowledge is essential.
- Able to monitor and lead the team of 3 staffs or more.
- Knowledge in analytical purchase or procurement process is added advantage.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!