Payroll Team Leader
||Payroll; Shared Services
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 156,000 per annum
||5th September 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is the pioneer and industry leader in offering global airport hospitality solutions in over 160 locations worldwide. Their newly setup Shared Service Centre is looking for a Payroll Team Leader, reporting directly to the Payroll Manager.
- Supervise Payroll team to accurately and efficiently execute weekly, bi-weekly, fortnightly, and monthly payroll
- Manage the payroll team in ensuring that statutory returns and reports are produced and validated in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate workload allocation, sharing of knowledge, review performance and instill a culture of continuous improvement and outstanding customer service.
- Work with Payroll Manager to ensure accuracy of work flow and effective communication of BUs’ expectations and needs.
- Carry out payroll related audits including reviews compliance and effectiveness of payroll audit controls.
- Act as a liaison to external payroll vendors and Country HR to troubleshoot and resolve payroll related issues.
- Provides regular status updates and early warning of any slippage/ problems that may occur.
- Operate as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in payroll migration project and escalation point to resolve issues, continuously looks for
improvements in operational processes and designs/ implements those initiatives.
- Escalate project issues to Payroll Project Manager including scope variations, task slippages and risks that may arise during the project.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for Payroll Services.
- Report on productivity, accuracy, and BUs’ satisfaction metrics to the Payroll Manager on the regular basis.
- Supervise Payroll Specialists including performance management and delegation of duties.
- Identify skill gaps and establishes learning paths for payroll team.
- Lead Payroll team to prepare payroll funding reports with Country HR for Finance Department and assists in
reconciling payroll tax general ledger accounts.
- Provide back-up support for complex payroll processing.
- Ensure payroll team use Incident Tracker to report payroll related findings/ mistakes/ risks.
- Liaise with internal and external Auditors, assists as necessary and provides any required information.
- Keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation, takes action and implements changes where necessary; ensure Payroll team are fully informed of any such changes.
- Understand gaps in existing processes and provides input into how the technology can be used to solve them.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a multi-countries payroll processing environment.
- Experienced in mentoring and coaching a team of payroll professionals to effectively implement a solution.
- Experienced in dealing with external payroll vendors.
- Experienced in Outsourcing/Shared Service Environment is an added advantage.
- Have a solid understanding of the payroll process.
- Extensive experience with payroll processing software.
- Customer-focused; demonstrates concern for meeting and exceeding immediate and future payroll needs of BUs.
If you are interested, kindly e-mail your updated resume to Cindy at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!