Managing Director – Automotive Retail Group
||Automotive, General Management
Email Wai Ling
||9 November 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a top premium automotive retail group. They are looking for a talented, experienced, fast-paced and results-driven Managing Director to drive, develop and oversee all aspects of their top automotive brand in Singapore.
- To grow the automotive retail businesses to achieve the desired unit volume, revenue, profitability and ROAIC.
- To develop the automotive retail business while rationalizing existing portfolio.
- To work closely with both Country management and collaborate with regional leadership on key organizational strategies.
- Prepare strategic and detailed business plans and budgets, and ensure timely delivery of revenue growth and profit targets.
- Direct, control and monitor key business plans and activities for all OUs, and report business results and findings to the regional MD.
- Develop aftersales operations and drive aftersales revenue and profitability.
- Conduct relevant market research and implement initiatives to drive revenue and lower operating costs while maintaining quality of goods, services and customer support in line with service level agreements and other retention strategies.
- Manage and retain key principals, talents, customers and service providers.
- Network effectively with local customers and key industry associations to develop strong professional relationships.
- Adapt the business model in line with the environment.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports on progress and development of business performance and employee development in the OUs.
- Align all employees with organizational objectives.
- Recruit the very best talent within budget and monitor employee performance.
- Mentor and develop direct reports to achieve organizational goals and ensure a viable succession plan is in place for key positions in the organization.
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment in line with labour legislations and health & safety guidelines.
- Minimum 5 years of proven track record of successfully managing a dynamic company.
- Minimum 10 years of management experience in regional/ international companies.
- More than 10 years of in-depth and hands-on knowledge of different automotive business channels relevant to the sector and strong understanding of the function. Full understanding of their products and services is essential.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning, including intricacies of financial management is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in general management, displaying a broad and deep understanding of how a company operates and an excellent business acumen.
- Good knowledge of regulations and compliance requirements impacting the automotive industry.
- Experienced in social media marketing preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in business networking and delivery of highest standard of customer service.
- Solid knowledge of, and experience with recruiting and retaining the best talents in the market.
- Familiarity with software and ERP applications like MS Word, Excel, Salesforce, SAP. Essentially IT-savvy.
- Analytical thinker with outstanding problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent project & time management skills.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including strong people management skills.
- Strong leadership skills, able to build, inspire and motivate high-performing teams.
- Superior crisis management and conflict mediation skills.
- Exceptionally well-organized and results-oriented, with a drive, ability and history to manage to objective success metrics, and even excel them. Strong can-do spirit and entrepreneur mindset with data-driven decision-making.
- Decisive, committed and autonomous, able to take any task and run with it without handholding. Self-directing and agile, with the ability to quickly pivot strategies, as needed.
- Highly innovative and resourceful, able to find new tactics, channels, and unexplored opportunities.
- Strong sense of accountability and reliability.
- Solution-oriented and collaborative. Able to gain support for new ideas and mobilize action to drive business results.
- Strong sense of integrity and transparency.
- Able to thrive in a very fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Degree in Business/Finance/Marketing or related field. MBA or Masters degree is preferred.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!