Manager, Treasury Funding
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 120,000-180,000 per annum
||12th February 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the largest plantation and agri-business companies with worldwide presence. They are looking for someone to manage the company’s liquidity, capital structure, capital markets transactions, and treasury reporting and forecasting. The position is highly visible requiring an understanding of the business, as well as effective communication to manage a broad range of internal external relationships, i.e Bank Negara Malaysia, bankers, rating agencies, customers, etc.
- Managing cash resources within Plantation Division to comply with Standard Operating Procedures & Policies (“SOPP”), Group Treasury Policies, GPA, BNM Guidelines and other regulatory bodies.
- Monitoring cashflow position and cash levels of the companies within Plantation Division and deciding on the most efficient and cost effective method to allocate and utilize funds, raise financing and invest excess funds
- Monitoring and effectively and efficiently managing borrowings within Plantation SOPP, GPA, BNM Guidelines and other regulatory bodies including ensuring that there is no breaches of any covenants in the borrowing documents
- Identifying the requirements and establishing the banking facilities for companies within Plantation Division to achieve more cost-effective credit facilities including negotiating with the banks to achieve better pricing
- Ensuring that the terms and conditions in the term sheets and banking offer letters are properly reviewed by coordinating with Group Treasury, Legal and Tax and negotiating with the banks to obtain the best positions for Plantation Division.
- Timely completion and submission of the following reports for submission to Plantation Consol Team and GHO:
- Quarterly Cashflow Forecast for Plantation Division (to GHO)
- Monthly Cash and Borrowings Report (to GHO)
- Quarterly Financial Schedules i.e Forward Contract, Financial Guarantee, Interest Rate Swap (to Consol team)
- Timely completion and submission of the following reports to BNM and Department of Statistics Malaysia (DOSM):
- International Investment Position (IIP) Report (to BNM)
- Labuan Offshore Entity (LOE) Report (to BNM)
- Survey of Outward Foreign Affiliates (to DOSM)
- Quarterly Report on Export of Goods
- Reviewing the Inter-co balances for Plantation Division with a view to restructure the positions for FRS139 requirements, Investment Holding Company structure, tax considerations including thin capitalization and rating requirements.
- Preparation and submission of M-Plan schedules within the stipulated deadline.
- Monitoring the foreign currency exposure and any irregularities are investigated and resolved on a timely basis.
- Reviewing HO bank reconciliation and all reconciling items are investigated and resolved on a timely basis.
- Monitoring the administration of bank accounts within Plantation Division including
- Changes to Bank Signatories
- Opening & Closing of Bank Accounts
- Attending to all queries raised by GHO, Subsidiaries, Bank Negara and Banks promptly and resolving all issues on a timely basis.
- Performing and completing ad-hoc assignments on a timely basis.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 10 years working experience with 5 years in treasury operations.
- Strong analytical, financial and systems skills.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in treasury, financial instruments and banking regulations.
- Conversant with Treasury Avantgard System, banking products.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!