Manager, Investment Accounting
||Investment & Accounting, Outsourcing
||MYR 96,000 – MYR 120,000 per annum
||9th October 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for Manager, Investment Accounting (2 headcounts), reporting to the Head of Investment Accounting & Treasury Solutions – Group Financial Solutions (GFS).
- System Testing and Production Cut-Over:
- Support overall delivery of IFRS 9 on system testing, implementation, production cut-over and post implementation support.
- Identify and assess process/system deficiencies in IFRS 9 solutions with consultations with SAP Solution Architects and formulate and implement improvements.
- Continuously review end-to-end Investment Accounting systems & process design relating to IFRS 9 and manage implementation of recommendations through to completion, including timely & regular updates to Business Process Manuals to achieve sustainable best-in-class operations and maximise the scale potential of the GFS.
- Assess system capabilities and deficiencies against business requirements with consultations with Group SAP Solution Architects and SAP COE to formulate and implement improvements/enhancements.
- Participate in continuous investment accounting projects impacting Investment Accounting operations, including requirements gathering, impact assessment, solutions formulation, implementation and post implementation support.
- Support Head of IA & Treasury Solutions – GFS in resource planning including recruitment, training, development, resource planning and performance management.
- Support the Head of GFS and Head of IA & Treasury Solutions – GFS on other GFS-related projects and operations, where required.
- Project Management, supporting Manager, Insurance Accounting:
- Develop detailed work and resource plans, mobilizing and onboarding resource as required.
- Ensure delivery to agreed timescales or provide clear, supportable justifications for exceptions.
- Clearly document workstream scope and ensure traceability of this through all stages of delivery.
- Support Steering Committee & Stakeholders with all project information needs on both a formal and adhoc basis.
- Ensure key clients and stakeholders of the future state solution are engaged, participate in delivery, and have their needs met upon project completion.
- Provide progress tracking and all necessary reporting to Stakeholders / Program Management Office.
- Manage all project issues and risk relevant stakeholding communities for resolution.
- Manage inter project conflicts, dependencies and external constraints including escalation and closure.
- Ensure the planned benefits of the Target Operating Model (TOM) are identified, tracked and obtained.
- Ensure Workstream documentation is managed and maintained using PMO provided tools.
- Solution Delivery for Project (High Quality Documentation of, Delivery and Rollout):
- Provide SME input and industry best practice on process transformation, organizational structure change and centralization in a shared service unit.
- Process definition documentation and process flows.
- Business Process Manuals.
- Controls definition and documentation.
- Roles and Responsibilities – Individual, Team and Entity.
- Organizational Structure and Design.
- BAU Resource Model Definition (Headcount).
- Rollout of controlled future state processes meeting or exceeding reporting requirement constraints.
- Support, facilitation and coordination with Local Business Units (LBUs) and shared service centers to manage operational change.
- Support Models.
- Training to support new processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Internationally Recognized Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA, CPA etc) is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in managing process transformation and centralization, system implementation and migrations.
- At least 8 years Insurance Accounting experience with a multi-national insurance company, and/or accounting and auditing experience with a big-sized accounting firm specializing in the financial services industry, with at least 4 years in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
- Experienced in a shared services or similar environment, providing investment and Insurance Accounting services to external/internal stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance and investment products, including both their accounting and investment characteristics.
- Advanced knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (especially IFRS 9), including the ability to interpret and apply the standards in practice.
- Sound knowledge of control environments/internal controls in an investment and Insurance Accounting operation.
- Sound knowledge of SAP accounting system & investment/finance systems architecture.
- Good organizational and leadership skills.
- Project Management effectiveness and able to motivate internal and external project team members.
- Stakeholder satisfaction through high quality project deliverables.
- Ability to motivate, coach, mentor and develop subordinates.
- Open to Malaysians only.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Rachel at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!