Assistant Manager, Investment Accounting (Projects)
||Finance & Accounting; Outsourcing
||Up to MYR 144,000 per annum
||6th November 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for a Manager, Investment Accounting who will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Investment Accounting. This position shall be accountable for the provision of leadership, management, technical ability/support and delivery relating to Investment Accounting projects in accordance with applicable accounting & regulatory policies, standard and guidelines.
- Support the Senior Manager of Investment Accounting in managing the investment accounting related projects to ensure that all investment accounting projects are managed and executed accurately, in a complete manner and on a timely basis.
- Update new / change in investment accounting processing and manual in accordance with Business Process Manuals and applicable accounting policies & standards.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the Investment Accounting project and operation team.
- Attend and respond to investment accounting enquiries from Group and Local Finance and Investment Operations teams, and other relevant stakeholders, satisfactorily and in a timely manner relating to Investment Accounting projects as a subject matter expert.
- Assess, recommend and implement improvements in investment accounting processes and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency of daily processing, including interdependencies with upstream/downstream processes and systems and incorporation of changes onto Business Process Manuals.
- Support the Senior Manager of Investment Accounting in resource planning, including budgeting and monitoring, recruitment and training, employee engagement and development, performance reviews and appraisals, and succession planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or relevant field.
- Possess Internationally Recognized Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA, CPA etc).
- 7 + Years investment accounting experience in multi-national insurance, asset management and/or unit trust companies.
- 2 + years of supervisory or management experience in the above position.
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment providing project related investment operations and/or accounting services to external/internal stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of investment products (fixed income, equities, funds, structured products, asset-backed securities, derivatives, money market etc) including both their investment characteristics and accounting treatments.
- Knowledge of control environments in an investment operations and/or accounting environment.
- Experience in investment accounting and/or operations systems (SAP FAM, Bloomberg, Reuters etc) and architecture.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!