Manager, Finance Operations (Projects)
||Finance & Accounting, Outsourcing
||Up to MYR 156,000 per annum
||9th October 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for a Manager, Finance Operations (Projects), reporting to the Head of Finance Operations, Group Financial Solutions (GFS).
- Migration Project:
- Walkthrough Finance Operations scopes and processes with Business Partners during the migration project.
- Understand and analyze Business Partners’ needs during project scoping phase until project completion.
- Ensure alignment of Finance Operations process with GFS’s standard process during migration.
- Determine and recommend business roles and resources requirement.
- Plan, lead and execute knowledge transfer process with the migration project team until the end of the hypercare period.
- Assist team members in resolving issues and challenges, escalate issues when necessary and facilitate decision-making in the migration project.
- Ensure smooth transition from project migration mode to BAU mode after project go-live.
- Review documentation developed and prepared by the migration project team.
- Ensure quality of documentation is in accordance to GFS’s standards as well as policies and guidelines of the Group Company.
- Process Improvement Project:
- Develop and recommend areas for enhancements and improvements for the current systems and processes to meet the challenges and needs of stakeholders in relation to Finance Operations related areas.
- Engage and manage projects for any development, design, and implementation of new processes, controls, and functionality changes to the existing systems in relation to Finance Operations related areas to improve current processes, controls and overall effectiveness of Finance Operations.
- Ensure proper controls are in place for all identified risks and standardization of Finance Operations processes and to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Support and be proactively involved in all Group Finance projects that is related to Finance Operations’ scopes.
- Plan, lead and support all Finance Operations related UAT.
- Group Business Analyst (“GBA”) for Finance Change Board (“FCB”) (for T&E, Accounts Payables and disbursement processes only):
- Obtain details and supporting documents to evaluate the change request.
- Identify upstream and downstream impact for any process change and ensure these impacts have been thoroughly analyzed and considered.
- Collaborate with LBA, SME, SA team and other stakeholders in assessing the change request from both business (business needs, processes, costs & benefits) and system (solution feasibility, performance and risk) perspectives.
- Attend FCB meeting to provide explanation and clarification on the change request for approval.
- Project Team Management:
- Provide guidance, mentor, coach and support for Assistant Managers, Specialists and Associates of the project team.
- Set clear objectives and define development plans for direct reports, in line with department objectives.
- Responsible for project team’s mentorship, leadership and motivation.
- Assist Head of Finance Operations for recruiting, hiring and development of the project team.
- Communication Requirements:
- Internal :
- SAP COE support team on details of SAP issues and enhancements.
- Other various departments’ team members within GFS for any matters impacting to Finance Operations.
- Human Resources for staff recruitment, performance and development.
- Finance Department for Finance Operations related matters.
- Country Local Finance
- Country Head of Finance
- Country Chief Financial Officer
- Group Corporate Centre
- Regional Chief Financial Officer
- Group Chief Financial Officer
- Group Internal Auditors
- External Auditors
- SAP consultants and users
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivering successful migration project with a high degree of quality and timeliness.
- Migration project go-live successfully with satisfactory response and feedback from stakeholders.
- Overall efficiency, effectiveness and quality improvements in Finance Operations through continuous successful implementation of processes and systems improvement and enhancement.
- Ensure all change request received have been processed within the agreed timeline.
- People development in terms of quality recruitment, retention, training and team’s performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Internationally Recognized Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA, CPA etc) is an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience in financial and accounting related field in an MNC environment.
- At least 2 years supervisory and management experience in the above position.
- Experienced in managing and executing migration projects.
- Flexibility to change course based on business needs and environmental conditions.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and principles.
- Strong knowledge of proper control environments.
- Good knowledge of how the SAP Accounting System works and design, and familiar with using the systems will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong conflict management and facilitation skills through building solid business relationships.
- Independent with excellent problem-solving and effective process evaluation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good people management through coaching, mentoring and motivating skills.
- Mobile and willing to travel.
- Open to Malaysians only.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!