Head of System Assurance & Continuous Improvement
||Oil & Gas, IT
||Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
||MYR132,000-168,000 per annum
||11th December 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is an O&G refining company and a listed company. Its main business is to refine and manufacture petroleum products and it is the one of the largest refinery in Malaysia.
The System Assurance and Continuous Improvement Section Head is responsible for supporting the company operation by developing, implementing and maintaining a site assurance plan, analyzing results, and providing feedback. This position is also responsible for recommending improvements to all related processes in order to maintain quality with regards to International Standard Requirements (ISO 9001, 14001, ISO45001, 27001, 37001, 17025 etc) & site business processes (critical and non-critical).
The section head also will support the company operation site with lean training, coaching and processes improvement implementation and provide staff with a positive and open atmosphere to allow them to reach their maximum potential by providing them with the tools, skills, and guidance to become proficient in job execution including awareness towards lean working environment such as 5S and high level housekeeping implementation. This includes monitor and allocate resources as necessary to meet and exceed standard requirements.In the space of continuous improvement, this position will be leading & coordinating various site-wide initiatives which may include benchmarking, optimization activities, and others.
- Prepare and implement site annual assurance plan and execute it as endorsed.
- Maintaining the ISO subscribed standards by executing audits and ensure action items closed on time with related documentation in place.
- Facilitate Management Reviews that identifies and resolve issues in a proactive manner.
- Perform Lead Auditor roles for the various ISO Systems and Process Audits.
- Drive business process excellence through internal processes audits, external process audits and PER.
- Perform the role of Site Internal Assurance (SIA) focal point reporting to the CEO/ QHSSE Manager and provide visibility on SIA process to all stakeholder through monthly updates, alignment and coaching session.
- Responsible as internal auditor and ensure continuous development of SIA practitioner (auditors).
- Accountable for timely updates and up keeping of overall RMS.
- Perform leading role as the Secretary of the Standards Committee, and provide governance role to initiators on any site standard amendments.
- Owner of the Goal Zero Walk Assurance programme and drive site-wide improvements through process analysis, visual management, etc.
- Maintaining the departmental risk & opportunity register, and provide support to Risk & Compliance Officer/ risk owners on inputs based on audit performance.
Continuous Improvement / Lean Management
- Spearhead the Continuous Improvement agenda for the site which include non-technical business improvement initiatives, e.g. reliability Kaizen, demurrage, etc.
- Champion Lean Refining programmes.
- Lead and coordinate site-wide benchmarking and optimization initiatives.
- Custodian of Leader Standard Work for the site.
- Champion site Housekeeping Excellence Programme promoting 5S culture.
- Coaching the members of Site teams on both the effective selection and application of lean tools and how they can personally role model lean behaviors.
- Conduct lean awareness and training effort across the site and working directly with departmental lean focals on implementation of lean tactics.
- Implement lean tools at the site including developing others to see and eliminate waste, use of visual management to recognize and solve issues, structured root cause problem solving.
- Continuously discover lean improvement opportunities site wide, prioritize with area owners and drive implementation.
- Share good practices on business process excellence/ lean tactics/ others site-wide as obtained from inputs gathered either externally or internally.
- Establish team and operational goals, budget, special projects, and process improvements.
The System Assurance And Continuous Improvement Section Head will maintain international accreditation yearly from certification body (e.g SIRIM) and ensure compliance in business processes. The System Assurance and Continuous Improvement Section Head also serves as site Lean Practitioner in order to coach and support the site teams and help drive the adoption of a culture of lean continuous improvement. Work will cover everything from training and coaching site teams, and practical advice and support on the effective application of lean tools at the individual sites. Practitioners will also be expected to complete process improvement projects and facilitate kaizen events.
- Certified auditor from reputable body/training provider.
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt from reputable body/training provider.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new approaches (i.e. lean, DMAIC).
- Practical Lean experience in applying process improvement and Lean tools (i.e value stream mapping; identifying and eliminating waste, 5s, kaizen facilitation, etc.).
- Effective communication skills (presentation, effective conversations, written); as well as good interpersonal skill.
- Strong Facilitation skills (team work and team building).
- A clear bias for action and results delivery.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!