Head of Shariah Department
||Financial Services, Shariah, Islamic Banking
Email Wai Ling
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 216,000 – 432,000 per annum
||12th March 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is government financial institution, looking for a Head of Shariah Department. The role of the incumbent is to lead and provide technical expertise on Shariah research and advisory in relation to Islamic Capital Market (ICM) proposals and initiatives to facilitate the widening of and to maintain confidence and integrity in Malaysian ICM.
- Plan, manage and direct the departmental annual budget to support planned initiatives and programmes.
- Provide expertise in harmonizing the understanding of Shariah interpretations/approach to create/increase awareness, acceptance and participation in the Malaysian ICM.
- Provide technical expertise in addressing consequences of developmental action/inaction on ICM products and markets to maintain confidence and integrity in Malaysian ICM.
- Represent the company in various technical committees established by internal and external parties for the development of ICM.
- Represent the company in high level speaking engagements and Islamic finance initiatives for wider acceptance and appreciation of Malaysian ICM practices.
- Provide expert guidance on global Shariah issues in accordance to Shariah methodologies to ensure issues are addressed.
- Provide expert guidance on R&D initiatives to facilitate product innovation and market development in line with internationalising ICM.
- Plan, strategise and direct the management of the department’s deliverables and ensure a smooth, effective and efficient administration of the Department.
- Lead and drive the formulation and review of policies and guidelines governing ICM products and services from Shariah perspectives to ensure relevance to industry.
- Lead the Shariah secretariat team in governance related matters for ICM and providing input and support to the company’s SAC in their deliberation on and review of ICM products and services to facilitate informed decision making.
- Lead and supervise the department’s risk identification and mitigation processes to ensure risk management and governance for ICM.
- Identify areas for capacity/expertise building to be aligned with the increasing sophistication, development and changes in the capital market.
- Initiate and drive the coaching and supervision of team members to achieve department’s KPI and goals.
- Participate in organisation-wide People initiatives (including recruitment, disciplinary matters and projects), applying judgment and related skills, to support the company’s high performance culture.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!