Head of Research, Risk Management
||Financial Services, Risk
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 180,000-240,000 per annum
||10th February 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a government-owned Bank, and they are looking for someone to lead the Research Department to achieve excellence in economic and industry research in the Agriculture and Agro-based financing space. This includes:
- Scanning the industry and financial landscape for macro-economic and trends, and providing input on emerging and strategic business areas of financing.
- Identify, analyse, and report key macro-economic risks, emerging risks, industry sector risks, and strategic risks (through bench-marking against key competitors and industry) to management and Board committees.
- Advising management committee and credit committee on trends and emerging crisis impacting the bank.
- Building relationships with external stakeholders and acting as thought leader and subject matter point of reference for external stakeholders to seek advice and solutions on agriculture financing issues.
- Value-add to credit origination with tools and templates based on synthesis of economic and industry research, standards and requirements.
- Leading and developing the Research Department to produce quality economic & agriculture sector research reports.
- Strategic thinking for the Department in terms of planning and directing new industries for research, knowledge sharing with stakeholders and the overall development of staffs.
- Lead the identification, analysis, benchmarking, review and reporting of key macro-economic risks, emerging risks, industry sector risks, and strategic risks to Board and management risk committees.
- Participate in the Agrobank Exposure Sectoral Limits exercise to provide inputs on the economic outlook of all the industry sectors of the Bank with material exposures.
- Monitor, appraise and advise management committees on the economic conditions and developments in major agricultural sectors.
- Analyse and synthesize Special Economic and Agriculture Industry reports (e.g. Budget announcement by Minister of Finance) for management as and when instructed by Chief of Division.
- The review the preparation and delivery of the Agro-Industry Technical Farming Parameter (ATFP) handbook, designed for Credit and Risk personnel to understand the basic structure and technical requirements of Agriculture sub-sectors; an essential reference in assessing financing proposals and risk assessments when engaging with agriculture sub-sectors.
- Provide and advise on independent industry assessments and comments on case by case basis in relation to the agriculture industry for selected cases and/or specifically requested by Management on a problem solving basis.
- Provide knowledge sharing and thought leadership via various channels of communication as approved by the Bank.
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Economics / Business / Finance, Agricultural Economics or related disciplines.
- At least 12 years of relevant working experience.
- Good Management & Organizational skills.
- A fair understanding of key economic sectors in Malaysia, including agriculture and banking sectors.
- Proficient in the areas of economic cycles/outlook, industry risks and macro-economic risks.
- Holistic and integrative skills bridging research to advisory and corporate strategy.
- Able to build relationships and influence external Board and institutional stakeholders.
- A leader able to coach and develop a team of staff.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Analytical and research skills, good report writing & presentation skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!