Head of Refinery – Palm Oil
||Bintulu, Sarawak (1); Port Klang, Selangor (1)
||24th February 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the largest plantation and agri-business companies with worldwide presence. They are looking for Heads of Refinery for their downstream refineries – one headcount for Bintulu, Sarawak; and the other headcount for Port Klang. They will accountable for providing strategic direction and operational control for the efficient and effective management, profitable long-term growth of the Company and achievement of the desired returns.
- Accountable for profit and growth of the company.
- Manage assets and resources effectively.
- Ensure ESH management system in place.
- Accountable for the capital expenditure as mentioned in the Limit of Authorisation (LOA) for budgeted and unbudgeted expenses.
- Reporting to the Chief Trading Officer.
- Responsible for the achievement of sustainable profits and overall long-term control of the Company.
- Responsible for the achievement of approved Key Result Areas, principally in the areas of maximization on profit level, to continuously increase the production target, plant and packaging operations maximization, quality standards, Occupational Safety & Health and Environment and Human Resources management.
- Contribute in the formulation of short-term and long-term business strategies for implementation consistent with the Division’s mission and objective.
- Develop and seek approval for the implementation of annual budgets in line with the Annual Budget Exercise.
- Identify and evaluate potential new lines of business in related activities to support the Company’s business objectives of broadening its earning base.
- Direct the development of new products, production and process technology related activities to meet existing and anticipated customer requirements to achieve the business strategies.
- Ensure conformity to all Group Policies, such as the Occupational Safety & Health Policy and Environmental Policy.
- Lead in Total Quality’s Environment initiatives for the Company such as Lean Six Sigma Program.
- Ensure that the unit has the organization structure and management capability to achieve its business objectives, maintains industrial harmony with the employees.
- Ensure the continuity protecting of the Company’s asset, both tangible (such as product processes and services) and non-tangible (such as trademark, design, etc.).
- Ensure Repair of Maintenance and Upkeep cost for central maintenance optimized with high efficiency of asset performance, response time and minimum downtime/breakdown.
- To be kept abreast on all aspects governing operational & production activities and up-to-date knowledge of latest technology in the industry.
- A Degree in Engineering or any other technical qualification that relevant to refineries processes.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in edible oils and fats type of business.
- Minimum 15 years of proven, extensive and relevant experience in managing the refinery operations out of which 5 years at Senior Management level.
- Experience in managing own P&L.
- In-depth technical knowledge of the refinery process and specific operational needs and functions.
- Strong business acumen and emotional intelligence.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!