Head of Operations – Express
||Logistics, Operations Management
||Up to MYR360,000 per annum
||26th June 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a one of Malaysia’s leading logistics firm. The primary responsibility of this role is to create and deliver the Company’s strategic and operational plans. Must demonstrate pro-activeness, efficiency and effectiveness in terms of managing cost, developing team members and in daily operations to drive the growth of the business.
- Responsible to support the Division Head in developing and directing strategy towards profitable growth and operation of the division.
- Ensure appropriate operational planning, quality assurance control systems and financial planning are in place and complied with.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to Division Head, keeping them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure that the appropriate policies and procedures are developed to meet the Company’s mission and objectives, and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and all other employees.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets, taking remedial action where necessary.
- Maintain the operational performance and efficiency of the Company.
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure the achievement of objectives, targets and strategic plans.
- Keep employees motivated and organise appropriate training and development in line with the Company succession plan and training matrix.
- Keep abreast of industry news and market forces that may have both an adverse or positive influence on the organisation.
- Embed a mindset of continuous improvement in all activities within control.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Marketing.
- Minimum 10 years’ in logistics, supply chain management or FMCG industry or proven experience as Head of Operations or similar leadership role.
- Experienced in producing and developing strategic business plan.
- Excellent organisational and leadership ability.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, collaboration, decision making and organisational skills.
- Able to champion new initiatives, change management and building teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, presentation, diplomacy and patience.
- Logistics network accessibility.
- Strong drive and proactive.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!