Head of Middle Office
||Financial Services/Banking, Risk
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 240,000-252,000 per annum
||19th May 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a medium-sized progressive bank with foreign ownership.
- Independent monitoring of treasury activities covering:
- Capital Market Instruments (Government-backed securities and Private Debt Securities);
- Money Market Instruments;
- Foreign Exchange Transactions;
- Derivatives and Structured Products.
- Develop, implement and maintain a robust risk monitoring and reporting framework to ensure adherence to the approved policies and risk limits (where applicable):
- Portfolio/Position Limits;
- Stop-Loss Limits;
- Sensitivity Limits, e.g. PV01 Limits;
- Fl/Non-Fl Counterparty Limits (on behalf of Group Credit Risk);
- Option Delta/Vega/Gamma Risk Limits;
- Value-at-Risk Limits.
- Provide risk exposure reports and management reports/ dashboard, e.g.:
- Daily Compliance Report;
- Daily Bond Portfolio Reports;
- Monthly/Periodic Market Risk Dashboards;
- Monthly GALCO Updates.
- Identify, follow-up and escalate risk limit excesses / breaches / exceptions (if any) to the Management for informed decision making / ratification.
- Perform independent revaluation of treasury positions / instruments and conducting stress tests on Trading Book positions.
- Update risk limit files within the Treasury system (Murex).
- Escalate and follow-up on system support issues / inquiries with GIS and the system vendors (e.g. Murex, BondWeb, Bloomberg, Reuters).
- Participate as one of the core Working Group members for the new Treasury products.
- Assist the Head of Group Market Risk and the Group Chief Risk Officer to plan and implement various risk management initiatives / assignments to strengthen the Group’s risk management capabilities.
- Tertiary Graduate or Qualified Professional with at least 5 years experience in banking and financial industry, with exposure to risk management/internal audit/treasury dealing and operations/accounting.
- Experience in the front-line as trader (treasury products) as well as back-end experience in governance and risk management preferred.
- Knowledge of treasury products/operations, as well as strong business understanding.
- Knowledge of market and liquidity risk management approaches/techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations governing treasury operations and risk management.
- Awareness of best practices and market trends.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with aptitude for logic.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral. Good interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Good planning and organization skills to meet objectives within stipulated deadlines.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!