Head of Legal
||Islamic Banking / Legal
Email Wai Ling
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 360,000 per annum
||15th June 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a government-owned Bank, and they are looking for a Head of Legal to lead and manage the Legal Team in providing legal services and support to achieve business target while ensuring the Bank’s legal rights are protected and properly documented.
- Providing proactive and in-depth legal advice to the management, business and non-business units in relation to laws and regulations affecting the Bank, its business and operations by:-
- Ensuring the Bank’s legal rights are adequately protected/ properly documented
- Facilitating informed decision making by advising on the legal risks involved
- Implement initiatives and processes in order to set standards and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, ethical behaviour and responsibility across the business.
- Reviewing internal and external legal documentations such as insurance policies, contracts and agreements etc. so that the Bank’s interest is fully protected.
- Reporting to the Management and Board on contingent liability cases which includes:-
- Liaising with Panel of Solicitors
- Updating and recording information progressively either by monthly status or once informed by Panel of Solicitors
- Reviewing instructions to solicitors prepared by the team
- Verifying and approving draft letter/ document prepared by other departments that has potential legal issues.
- Managing the development and performance of staff.
- Responsible for the resources, policies, systems, processes and resources for legal.
- Executing any work that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor and/ or by management.
- Holder of a Law Degree and Degree in Islamic Finance and also having been called to are a major plus point.
- Minimum 12 years of experience of combination in private legal practice and relevant in-house counsel for financial Institutions or big corporation.
- Strong technical knowledge both in law and Islamic finance. Must be familiar with banking and on corporate law generally.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!