Head of Investment
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 420,000 per annum
||20th February 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a one of Malaysia’s top property developers. The Company has core competencies in macro township development; high-rise residential, commercial, retail and integrated development; as well as property management and project & construction services. They are looking for a Head of Investment.
- To analyze and assess opportunities for investment/ divestment/JV/corporate exercise/other proposals.
- To develop financial models and conduct valuation for the projects and other relevant corporate exercises.
- Feasibility study preparation and analysis. Cash flow modelling of property development and investment projects.
- To conduct macro & micro analysis, property sector analysis, market fundamentals research, credit analysis and highlighting key transaction risks.
- To manage key transaction work streams including acting as direct liaison with key stakeholders and external parties.
- To liaise with all parties involved in transactions including financial advisers, legal advisers, Valuer, JV partners, finance, etc.
- To review/analyze/prepare transaction structure, accounting & tax etc. related issues pursuant to the deal, and to discuss and review agreements.
- To prepare the feasibility study/structure/preliminary analysis and terms as kick-off of the proposal/JV/corporate exercise/etc. for management to discuss.
- Responsible for the preparation of memo/approval papers to Senior Management as well as the Board of Directors for corporate exercise, investment/divestment proposals and other relevant projects.
- To ensure that proposals adhere to Division’s strategy blueprint as well as Group Investment policy as per GPA.
- To be updated with the corporate and industry development in the property as well as related sector.
- To support and assist Head, Investment Management in any other matters related to investment.
- Possess a degree in Real Estate, Finance.
- At least 10 years of working experience. Experience in investment of industrial properties (logistics centers, industrial parks etc) would be an advantage.
- Apply broad analysis and thinking skills to resolve complex problems or create significant new opportunities in situation requiring the analysis and interpretation of large volumes of complex, conflicting or abstract data.
- Ranks the opportunities according to the established parameters to facilitate the decision making on the choice of businesses to pursue. Reviews work of others and deliverables for adequacy and meeting of business objectives. Strategizes integration of business development opportunities.
- Formulates effective decisions and accepts accountability for decisions made. Analyses problems from differing perspectives and understands its impact on others.
- Manages and administers budget and resources for unit/department operations. Monitors and verifies ongoing cost effectiveness.
- Serves as a subject matter expert. Able to apply technical knowledge and experience. Aware of current developments and trends in relevant job and industry knowledge areas.
- Obtains buy-in from multiple cross functional units. Initiates multiple approaches to persuade and influence various stakeholders.
- Develops and strengthens networks and relationships to exchange knowledge and implement innovative practices.
- Communicates and builds relationships with stakeholder. Recommends and facilitates the interventions to manage stakeholders’ expectations to strengthen their relations.
- Able to contribute towards defining organizational objectives and vision. Influences strategic direction.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!