Head, Engineering & Processing Technology
||Engineering, Technology, Research, Plantation
||Up to MYR384,000
||26 October 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the top and largest plantations worldwide and they are looking for a Head of Engineering & Processing Technology. This person will be primarily responsible for providing novel technology solutions as well as technical and operational support services through R&D in Engineering & Processing Technology to enable the organisation’s operations to achieve their current and future business plans.
- Direct and manage the overall R&D functions under Engineering & Processing Technology Dept which are: Oils & Fats, Processing & Engineering, Advanced Data Analytics as well as IT infrastructure.
- Develop and formulate new research strategies, directions and identify areas of interest in tandem with current and anticipated future Plantation needs and ventures.
- Formulate and manage joint R&D programmes with external parties (start-ups, companies and public sector research agencies).
- Guide and develop subordinates according to specific job requirements and personal development needs.
- Ensure continuous technical, management and leadership competency development for all subordinates to effectively carry out assigned responsibilities and for succession planning in the department.
- Liaise with internal and external customers to develop solutions to key operational issues relating to palm oil milling, rubber processing, palm oil refining, product development, mechanization, data analytics, computational and connectivity requirements in R&D and novel solutions for labour reduction.
- Provide technical inputs and services to operational units and subsidiaries within the organisation as well as external parties through the consultancy arm.
- Develop networks and maintain close relationships with external parties through formal and informal collaboration to achieve common goals.
Impact & Accountabilities:
- Innovations in products and production processes.
- Effectiveness and efficiency in production processes measured in terms of cost, labour reduction and recovery improvement.
- Intellectual Property – number of patents/trademarks, trade secrets.
- Image enhancement through external scientific publications and presentations.
Environment Safety & Health Accountabilities:
- Ensure identification of all the Department/BU activities, products and services and their associated ESH and business risks.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant ESH legal and other requirements related to the Department/BU/OU activities, products and services.
- Ensure all workers operate in a workplace that is free of risk, as far as is practicable.
- Monitor and measure ESH performance against corporate objectives, strategic and business plan outcomes, Divisional/BU/OU budget and relevant ESH objectives and targets.
- Chair management reviews of the ESH Management System.
- At least a Master’s degree in related field, such as Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, etc. Preferably PhD qualification.
- At least 15 years in R&D, related to developing novel innovative processes or products preferably with experience with start-ups.
- Technical knowledge and experience in R&D product and process development.
- Strong Project Management, Analytical and Design Thinking skills.
- Should be knowledgeable of computational tools/platforms (AI, softwares, hardwares) utilised for break through engineering solutions (robotics, UAV, etc.).
- Expertise with using Innovation tools as well as six sigma.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!