Head of Business Development & Strategic Planning (Property)
||Property, Business Development
Email Wai Ling
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 400,000-600,000 per annum
||13th July 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of Malaysia’s top property developers. The organization has core competencies in macro township development; high-rise residential, commercial, retail and integrated development; as well as property management and project & construction services. They are looking for a Head of Business Development & Strategic Planning (Property).
- To ensure the Group’s strategic, business and organizational objectives are achieved and are being properly managed via new business opportunities, mergers & acquisition, establishing strategic partnerships, bringing in new catalytic development/business into township and integrated development, monetizing and acquiring of assets/lands. BD plays key role to increase Asset Under Management (AUM) Value.
- Complete business transactions that will bring significant positive business & financial impact to the organization, while ensuring that transactional aspects relating to commercial, financial, legal and operational issues etc are adequately addressed.
- Complete sale of asset identified for monetization, optimizing the financial returns, ensuring procedural compliance and minimize transactional risks.
- Deliver significant financial contributions (revenue and profits) to the organization.
- Identify JV/Business Partners and catalytic developments for townships and integrated developments.
- Establish strategic partnerships to enhance financial returns and operational viability for townships/integrated developments.
- Negotiate with a strong business acumen with selected business partners and their appointed consultants on the strategic objectives of the proposals, business arrangements, terms & conditions
and close business deals.
- Evaluation of business proposals (feasibility assessment/analysis) to be aligned to organization’s business strategy, investment return and risk appetite.
- Preparation of Investment/Divestment Analysis/ Proposal and secure Management and Board’s direction/ approval of business development proposals.
- Structure transaction to optimize financial returns and minimize tax impact.
Strategic Land Bank
- Supporting role in the negotiation and closing of deals to increase strategic landbank in line with the organization’s Land Value Proposition & Strategic Objectives.
- Assist to divest/monetise organization’s Asset/ Business/ Land in line with the organization’s Land Value Proposition & Strategic Objectives.
- Assist in the opportunistic purchase and/or disposal of development land.
- Maintain relationship and provide periodic update to JV partner until project delivery/completion.
- To deliver financial KPIs for the organization, i.e. revenue and PATAMI.
- To lead strategic initiatives accelerating development through mergers and acquisition transaction, asset monetization, forming new JV partnerships, bringing in new catalytic development/business to
further improve Township and Integrated development value.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, International Business, Estate Management, etc. (proficient in English, both verbal and writing)
- Have 10-15 years of experience or more in strategic planning, business development, risk management, M&A, in property or asset management related industries.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!