GM Head of Cost & Control (Contracts) – Property
Email Wai Ling
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 480,000 per annum
||17th September 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of Malaysia’s top property developers. The organization has core competencies in macro township development; high-rise residential, commercial, retail and integrated development; as well as property management and project & construction services. They are looking for a Head of Cost & Control (Contracts).
- Oversee pricing and apportionment of risk in tender estimates.
- Identify preliminary items and segregate one-off from recurring costs from the list of items.
- Employ the use of appropriate standard method of measurement for building and civil works.
- Develop relevant costing procedures (costing a design versus designing to a cost) depending on project requirements.
- Estimate haulage distance and cycle time in pricing for earthworks and repetitive construction activities.
- Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability.
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections.
- Assess all incoming products, resources, and services to ensure the best price.
- Maintain vendor and service provider relationships.
- Remain acutely aware of market trends that could impact resource costs.
- Keep up to date on new vendors and possible cost-cutting partnerships.
- Analyze invoices to ensure correct products/services were received at the expected cost.
- Collaborate with department heads to strategize ways to minimize waste.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers.
- Understand the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts profitability.
- Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality.
- Develop and implement proactive solutions and cost-cutting measures.
- Present new strategies and assessments to stakeholders in a compelling fashion.
- Educate and persuade stakeholders to procure buy-in and cooperation.
- Roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goals.
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Over 15 years’ of cost estimating of building and civil infrastructure projects.
- Strong knowledge of life cycle costing involving CAPEX, OPEX and maintenance expenses for asset as well as facilities management works will be highly regarded.
- Excellent negotiation skills, highly analytical and possess strong integrity.
- Possess attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!