General Accounting & Management Accounting (GAMA) Analyst (Japanese Speaker)
||Accounting & Finance; Outsourcing
||Up to MYR 102,000 per annum
||12th July 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a Swiss MNC healthcare company that operates its 2 divisions: Pharmaceutical & Diagnostics and being the 3rd largest Pharmaceutical company worldwide. Their Shared Service Centre is looking for a General Accounting & Management Accounting (GAMA) Analyst (Japanese Speaker).
- Ensure the day to day accounts and accounting processes are managed to a high standard. This will involve working closely with the SSC KL Finance teams (AP, GAMA, AR, TR, T&E, Compliance and Procurement) to ensure accuracy of data, smooth operations and timely escalations to the affiliate’s Finance Manager.
- Work together with the SSC KL Finance teams ensure quality and accurate delivery of services within agreed key performance indicators (KPIs) as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and SOPs of the respective business sub-process.
- Co-ordinate with SSC KL Finance teams and execute month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with month-end close checklist.
- Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, cost centre checks and transaction posting checks.
- Perform and analyse booking accounting transactions, and calculations are executed timely and accurately.
- Preparation of Intercompany billing charges.
- Responsible of all Internal Controls of Financial Reporting (ICFR) documentation and internal controls matters, act as owner for the ICFR tools – INVOLVE and BWISE.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliation – follow up on open items and rectify any anomalies encountered.
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting packages accurately and within specified timescale.
- Cash flow management – forecast current and future cash flow requirement and arrangement for necessary fund transfers (if required).
- Managing of master data – Chart of Accounts, Cost Center, Profit Center. WBS, etc.
- Preparation of statutory taxes calculations and reconciliation, including tax reporting and liaising with Tax Consultant.
- Preparation of audit related schedules and documentation, including liaising with the Auditor.
- Participate in any compliance audits and responding to audit queries.
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation.
- Documentation & Controlling:
- Ensure work processes are in compliance with Financial Reporting (ICFR), group policies and guidelines, local statutory and legal requirements.
- Review and follow up of internal financial procedures and controls in order to be compliant with company governance and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Commerce or equivalent. ACCA, CPA Australia or other accounting professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in related field and minimum 3 years In accountant role / audit experience.
- Proficiency in English and other language required with good communication skill. Japanese is mandatory for Japanese speaking country support.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices; financial reporting, audit and taxation.
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software preferably SAP and MS office tools.
- Meticulous, independent, proactive and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills and able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, changing/growing environment.
- The ability to operate effectively across diverse cultural and business environments.
- Able to commit for business travel when required.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!