||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 300,000 per annum
||16th November 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a top interior design organisation which have regional presence in Asia. Their headquarter is based in Singapore with presence in Malaysia, Thailand and China. They are looking for a Financial Controller for the Malaysia Business Unit.
- Management Reporting:
- Management accounts preparation & all associated reporting requirements – Business unit monthly reporting, P&L detailed reporting, project performance summary reporting, WIP, order book, balance sheet forecasting, company cash flow forecast, business level Opportunities &Risk register preparation and review.
- Analysis of financials each month – variance analysis & commentary.
- Business Cash flow reporting / forecasting – consolidation & reporting business cash flows.
- Budgeting annually & forecast preparation each month.
- Project Accounting:
- Review staff costing to projects, provide cost to date, Project cash flow forecasting, review Work in Progress & advance billing, invoicing, review cost coding, staff charges & timesheet entries.
- Review project forecasts & review of project cost accruals.
- Support on VO’s, Claims submissions.
- SST, other indirect taxes, corporate tax instalments etc – compliance & reporting.
- Tax return.
- Tax transfer pricing documentation and compliance.
- Review and monitor finance facilities including reports for corporate. Prepare LC, BG, loan drawdowns – working with tender/ project team on requirements, correct entities, vetting, leasing with banks, tracking of facilities. Bank account maintenance. Admin of electronic banking, weekly cash balance reporting.
- Performance bonds – tracking utilisation, follow up on return of BG’s, forecast usage & requirements.
- FX exposure tracking and hedging- working with finance and tendering teams.
- External Audits – manage and co-ordinate, assist with requests, liaise with auditors, group auditors, planning, liaise etc.
- Statutory accounts preparation – local / subsidiary.
- Internal auditor – co-ordinate & liaise on report & assist during audit with access to information / staff.
- Manage & Supervise Accounts Team of 4 Staff:
- Staff expense claims, staff advance.
- Accounts Payables:
- Supplier queries
- Payment processing
- Ensure correct documentation / authorisations prior.
- Supplier reconciliations.
- Posting Invoices.
- Update cash book.
- Posting payment .
- LC track list.
- Accounts Receivables – follow up collections, raise invoices, debtor reconciliations, track retention , update claim & collection report.
- General Ledger accounting – Reconciliations:
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation.
- Intercompany confirmation.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Petty cash admin.
- Fixed Assets accounting – new capex identification, capex request, accounting in system, capex forecasting.
- Oracle ERP Implementation:
- Support Ongoing Oracle implementation effort from a finance and controls perspective for commercial and procurement modules.
- Company Secretarial:
- Lease with company secretary proactively for all company sec matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Commerce or equivalent field.
- Possessed professional certificate i.e. ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- At least 8 years of experience in finance field, plus 5 years in managerial role, preferably in contracting/construction industry.
- Experienced in ERP System.
- Oracle ERP / AccPac System experience is an added advantage.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Karen at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!