Finance Team Lead (Mandarin/Japanese Speaker)
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to RM 120,000 per Annum
||29th June 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a British-based multinational medical equipment manufacturing company and they support the healthcare industry in more than 100 countries. They are setting up a new APAC Finance and HR Shared Service in Malaysia, and they are looking for Finance Team Lead (2 headcounts). This role in the Company’s Global Business Services (GBS) is to deliver the service to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and KPIs, also to ensure positive Voice of Customer feedback. They should work in conjunction with designated GBS Assistant Financial Controller (AFC) and the Company’s Finance Operations to ensure a joined up transactional finance service to the respective market.
- Lead a team and be responsible for their performance ( productivity & quality) and ensure SLA’s, E2E Operations deck measures and KPI are met
- Assure operations are in compliance with ISCP, SOX requirements and the Company’s Group Finance Manual and Global Compliance rules
- Implement best practice to ensure standardized procedures
- Accurate coordination of master data and approval matrix maintenance on ERP systems
- Assure closing operations and outbound interfaces (e.g. AP/AR core teams, General Ledger etc.)
- Follows up on questions from business controllers other key stakeholders to support the team
- Assure correct record retention & timely control reports submissions
- Perform other assigned tasks within agreed deadlines and quality
- E2E understanding of accounting processes of the business in Greater China/Japan
- Flawless execution of operational deliverables with control/compliance framework
- Ensure ledgers are ‘clean’ resolving aged open items, reconciling ‘differences’ and ensuring master data is maintained to high levels of quality and compliance
- Maintain SOPs to meet the Company’s standard cycles. Highlight and challenge exceptions from global standards
- Ensure controls are implemented and adhered to in line with Risk and Control Matrices (RACMs) (SOX & MAPs) and wider the Company’s policies including the Group Finance Manual
- Motivate and develop staff in line with the Company’s Finance and GBS career models. Manage staff planning and performance management for all teams ensuring no single points of failure
- Optimise attrition within the team
- Contribute to achievement and maintenance of Great Place to Work Status
- Develop capabilities to meet the changing needs of Finance Operations
- Support service transitions into the centre and quickly stabilise
- Support transformation activities to deliver expected return on investment
- Operate a Continuous Improvement culture and deliver/exceed productivity targets and deliver cashflow and other commercial benefits
- Make suggestions for the future use of new tools and technology and where approved, implement into the Service offering
- Identify reasons for service and control deficiencies and shortcomings and propose and implement solutions to resolve underlying issues
- Engage in regular collaboration and communication with key stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Highlight improvement opportunities in existing process and driving process improvement and standardization.
- Manage workload requirements according to available capacity and volumes and respond to all internal stakeholder’s inquiries quickly, effectively and professionally.
- Actively engage with Customers to understand and address customer pain areas of aprocess.
- Must analyse data and prepare for the business meeting and presentations.
- Multiple stakeholder management
- Disseminate, support & Validate SOP alignment to client standards (including process maps)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, etc. will be an added advantage
- Managed Finance Operations, for at least 6-8 years and have excellent domain expertise across all towers
- At least 3 years of experience in leading a team of minimum 5 FTEs.
- Experience in managing Month end close , Balance sheet reconciliation, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Intercompany Accounting
- Understand Greater China/Japan accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger processes (Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Sales)
- Experience of SAP (ECC6), MS (Axapta) and excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience in a captive shared service or Business Process Outsourcing environment
- Demonstrable process improvement deliver
- Team player with ability to build relationships and influence team members and wider stakeholders
- Excellent English communications skills written and verbal
- Fluent in spoken & written either in Mandarin, Cantonese, or Japanese.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Rachel at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!