Head of Finance Reporting & Consolidation
||Oil & Gas, Finance
||Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
||MYR 216,000-300,000 per annum
||10th September 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a Bursa-listed O&G refining company and a listed company. Its main business is to refine and manufacture petroleum products and it is the one of the largest refinery in Malaysia. They are looking for the Head of Finance Reporting & Consolidation who will lead projects finance, financial reporting & consolidation functions as well as hydrocarbon management to top quartile performance. This includes ensuring timely and accurate regulatory reporting of this public listed entity, managing interfaces with key business process owners for end to end optimization.
- Reporting to the CFO.
- Responsible for quarterly reporting to Bursa Malaysia Stock Exchange and other regulatory authorities when required.
- Timely and accurate monthly closing with comparative commentaries to management. Deliver quarterly and annual financial reporting to the Leadership Team, including interpretation of results and appraisal of the reported information against previous year and previous quarter performance. This includes the responsibility for Board of Directors and Audit Committee meeting materials on finance related matters.
- Responsible for the preparation for shareholders general meetings (AGM and EGM) and publication of the Annual Report. This includes coordinating inputs from cross-functional units for the Annual Report and the AGM Q&A.
- Support the CFO on financial matters relating to financing and dividend.
- Ensure compliance to local legislated governance (e.g. Listing Requirements and tax regulations) and supporting structures and processes are properly functioning and effective.
- Manage and coordinate the Manufacturing Business Planning process for the site in line with management requirements and ensuring cost transparency, improved cost tracking and progress towards top quartile OPEX performance.
- Continuously improve and sustain management reporting, utilizing this information to guide the LT towards improving site performance.
- Play leading role in supporting the Port Dickson Refinery LT to develop and ensure fit for purpose risk-based assurance processes, business controls frameworks and controls compliance, in addition to building a sustainable financial outlook for the site.
- Local Tender Panel delegate to ensure appropriate and strict governance to the Contracting Policies & Procurement Manual, fair and transparent bidding processes as well as commercial terms in contracts.
- Owner of the Custody Transfer Measurement and Hydrocarbon Mass Balancing Process on site. As process owner, he/she has to ensure that there is a sustainable and effective process in place which is in compliant with the standard.
- Play a leadership role in the process of managing, appraising and improving working capital.
- Drive the right decisions outcome considering E2E value drivers across both P&L and B/S, and across value chain.
- Support growth and infrastructure projects by providing finance and business challenge to proposals.
- Proactively promote and implement continuous improvement in business processes (both within Finance and with other departments), financial management and business performance, share best practices and leverage on external networks.
- Enabler in delivering key tactics as identified in the annual business plans.
- Visible champion of key governance and control improvements.
- Commercial mindset and customer focus for improvement initiatives and value creation.
- Accommodate a steep learning curve.
- Strong experience and skills in consolidation & GL reporting. Audit background would be an advantage.
- Professionally qualified (MICPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Self-starter, proactive in effecting improvements.
- High awareness of governance requirements and controls.
- Effective communicator.
- Able to collaborate, support and work as a team to achieve organisational goals.
- SAP skills will be an advantage.
- Good leadership skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!