||Finance & Accounting
||Up to MYR 180,000 per annum
||16th December 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the largest plantation and agri-business company with worldwide presence. They are looking for a Finance Manager to accountable for the overall accounting and financial matters.
- Manage and supervise the overall accounting and financial matters, including finalization of management reports and statutory financial statements that are in strict compliance with the International accounting standards and Group policies
- Ensure timely and enhance quality submissions to Group Finance, which amongst others include financial analytics, monthly and quarterly financial and management reports
- Manage and monitor financial forecasts to ensure financial targets are achieved
- Ensure effective management of working capital and funding requirements which amongst others require optimization of purchases, inventories, close monitoring on debtors aging to timely collections as well as proper planning and accurate forecasting. This also entail a proper review of customers credit assessment.
- Treasury functions – include liaison with bankers on banking facilities, foreign exchange and money market transactions, letter of credit and other banking matters, in consultation with Group Treasury Finance. Appropriate management of exchange exposure and hedge a in accordance with approved company policies.
- Review of Annual Budget, including participation in the challenge sessions with the business to ensure assumptions underlying the budget are supported
- Ensures that the financial statements up are prepared in strict compliance with the Malaysian / International Financial Reporting Standards, Companies Act and all other statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to accounting, BURSA listing requirements and Group Finance Policies and Procedures
- Regular review of finance policies and procedures and SOPs to enhance efficiencies and internal control.
- Manages the foreign exchange and working capital requirement to ensure company derive maximum benefit
- Provides sound financial advice and accurate & quality financial information – critical for decision making and to identify value creation initiatives to improve shareholders return (operational efficiencies, cost reduction initiatives, corporate exercises etc)
- Accountable to carry out the evaluation of staff development needs, development growth (close monitoring of staff performance) and to ensure measures are in places in order to build a performance driven culture in Finance Department
- Liaison with external auditors including review of audit reports and internal control matters prior to finalization.
- Manage all tax matters to ensure tax efficiencies and to manage tax risk effectively
- Review and improve internal controls, corporate governance processes as well as to ensure the Group Finance Policies and Procedures and Limits of Authority (LOA) are strictly adhered to.
- Support business decisions through an in-depth understanding and analysis of financial and operational performance, including review of product costing and margins calculations to ensure accuracy in order to support business decision on optimal product mix
- Insurance Support – Review and manage the company insurance policies to ensure optimal insurance coverage which are cost effective and insurance claims are maximized and expedited
- Proactive member of Tender Committee and to ensure tender process and policies are adhered to and to manage price negotiation effectively
- Uplift the finance staff strength and provide training and coaching to enhance staff competencies and performances
- Other related function as may be required from time to time
- Professional Accountancy (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW) or at least a Degree in Accountancy
- Minimum 8 years relevant working experience in FMCGs or MNCs
- Member of a related professional body and keep up to date of the latest development in the field
- Knowledge on SAP system is an added advantage
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!