DevOps Engineer (AWS)
||IT, Human Resource
Email Seng Joong
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 168,000
||18th December 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a professional predictive analytics solutions house, using AI to drive organizations’ resources management. As part of their expansion program to meet their client’s needs, they are looking for a person for the above role.
- Our client is looking for a highly skilled DevOps Engineer to manage and maintain their production system on AWS, ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability.
- You will be responsible for collaborating with the software development and data engineering teams to determine their requirements in provisioning, deploying, configuring, automating, managing, and maintaining our AWS cloud-based production system.
- Working closely with our Solution Architect and Software Architect to prioritize a DevOps roadmap that optimizes processes, security, and software resiliency.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine system requirements, primarily with the software and data engineering teams.
- Handle multi-region traffic re-routing and CDN.
- Load-balancing, Auto-scaling, Service Discovery, Containerization and VPC links.
- Proficient in terraform, provision new resources, transform remaining existing resources.
- Manage and Monitor Tags for all resources, based on various use cases.
- Manage, monitor, audit, automate IAM roles and policies.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes including back-up and disaster recovery.
- Automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation on AWS.
- Work closely with developers to implement continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance.
- Coordinate periodic penetration and vulnerability tests with external vendors.
- Coordinate and implement periodic back-up and disaster recovery tests.
- Informally train and share AWS knowledge within the team.
- 8+ years Windows and Linux systems administration.
- 2+ years provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments.
- Certified on at least one: AWS DevOps Engineering, AWS Certified Developer – Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate.
- Proficient with AWS services: Compute and Network, Storage and CDN, Database, Analytics, Application Services, Deployment, and Management. Such as ECS, APIG, ALB, Service Discovery, etc.
- Experience with multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking.
- Familiarity interacting with AWS APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and deployment strategy.
- AWS Disaster Recovery design and deployment across regions a plus.
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting & programming.
- Self-starter excited to relentlessly solve many technical challenges.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Well versed in critical system security.
- Expert problem solver across various application domains and platforms, with a strong understanding of a broad range of technology
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Seng Joong at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!