Chief Operating Officer Integrated
||General Management, Property
Email Wai Ling
||MYR 600,000 – MYR 800,000 per annum
||30th September 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of Malaysia’s top property developers. The organization has core competencies in macro township development; high-rise residential, commercial, retail and integrated development; as well as property management and project & construction services. They are looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) Integrated.
The COO Integrated will report to the Group Managing Director on operational aspects of activities under his purview. The activities concerned are integrated Development and JV Projects.
The COO Integrated will have general management responsibility for all elements highlighted above to ensure the operational and financial KPIs are delivered and implemented within the parameters and governance of the organization.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the integrated development operations and promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement with commitment to quality and customer service.
- Define and instill industry best practices in key business processes. In charge of development value chain from MCP to product handover.
- Ensure successful implementation of business strategies and operational plans and ensure compliance to all relevant regulations/ SOP.
- Upgrade and implement and appropriate system of policies, internal controls, governance and procedures.
- Actively oversee the project management implementation to ensure all projects are delivered within time, scope, price and quality established.
- Responsible for financial target-setting and development of strategies and action plans to achieve the financial goals.
- Ensure that the financial KPIs are delivered and implemented within the parameters, policies processes and governance of the organization.
- Monitor project management costing to minimize Variation Orders and avoid Liquidated Ascertained Damages.
- Review and monitor the budget for CAPEX and OPEX for property development related activities.
- Integrated Development
- JV Projects
- Collaborate with Business Development team to identify potential investors and joint-venture partners for selected land parcels within the property development townships.
- Build and maintain good relationships with government agencies, regulatory bodies and local authorities to ensure all contractual and regulatory requirements are complied with and ultimately to deliver products to customers without encumbrances.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships.
People & Communication Management
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Coach and develop direct reports, create a high functioning management team.
- Degree in Civil Engineering preferred. Degree in other related Engineering field, Property Management/ Estate Management.
- Advanced degree demonstrating strong financial background such as CPA or MBA or Graduate Degree in Finance is required.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of leadership in a property development company.
- A minimum of 5 years in a senior management role.
- Advanced Management Programme in reputable institutions.
- Able to initiate and close deals with potential investors / joint-venture partners. Ensure success of JV collaborations and create value enhancements from these collaborations.
- Have strong rapport with government agencies for approval and to explore potential business opportunities.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!