Company Secretary (Manager/ Senior Manager)
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR240,000
||6 November 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is an ASEAN-based public listed company providing integrated IT solutions primarily in the financial services sector with several companies. They employ more than 1,500 staff and serve clients in some 20 countries all around Asia, Middle East and Africa. They’re looking for a Company Secretary.
- Organise annual general meetings (AGM, EGM)/ Board and Committee meetings (organising venue, producing agendas, taking minutes, conveying decisions, handling meeting correspondence and so on).
- Provide legal, financial and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings.
- Train directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters.
- Keep up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organisation.
- Ensure that policies are up to date and are approved.
- Provide support to the board or other committees on specific projects.
- Act as a point of contact and building good relationships with shareholders.
- Implement processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation.
- Write reports.
- Collate information.
- Lead the Annual Report exercise.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Governance requirements issued by SGX.
- Prepare SGX announcements and press release.
- Undertake other ad-hoc assignments and/or as assigned by the Management.
- Candidate with at least 10 years of working experience in the corporate secretarial practice, exposure in public listed companies in Malaysia. Singapore exposure will be an added advantage.
- ICSA qualification.
- A Chartered Secretary registered Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA) or SSM.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Should possess diplomacy and effective influencing skills.
- Able to work independently and meet/cope with tight timeline.
- Governance expert. Will be the ‘go to’ person for governance issues.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Solid judgment, integrity and attention to detail.
- Genuine interest in business with commercial sense.
- Possess good Microsoft power point skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!