Chief Operations Officer
||General Management, Oil & Gas
Email Wai Ling
||5th August 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a Malaysian public listed oil and gas company. Its main business is to refine and manufacture petroleum products and it is one of the largest refinery in Malaysia. They are looking for a Chief Operations Officer.
- The COO is accountable for the safe, reliable, and cost-efficient operations of the refinery (production units) and its ancillary units.
- The COO delivers short and long-term business results while managing all the associated business risks.
- The COO ensures the execution of HSE and Process Safety functions is in accordance with the appropriate company structures and processes and drives Operational Excellence improvements.
- As a Leadership Team member, contributes to the company management and governance and strategic activities such as business planning, financial matters, HR policy, industrial relations, HSE culture/systems and monitoring company performance.
- The COO must work collaboratively with others to deliver results and must reinforce those same expectations with the departments in their reporting lines.
- Lead, Coach and Manage the Operations and Marine team.
- To ensure the Operations and Marine Departments have systems, processes and competent people in place to operate and take care of the plant and marine facilities safely and for maximum business returns.
- To ensure the operations related Turnaround support systems and processes are in line with current best practices.
- To ensure Maintenance is based on Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles and Inspection is based on Risk Based Inspection (RBI) principles to deliver optimal Preventative Maintenance and Inspection plans.
- With Technology and Engineering support, deliver year on year cost, reliability, and performance improvements across the assets.
- Set the vision for the operating refinery, communicate and inspire delivery.
- Develop the pool of available talent across the company, for succession planning and delivery to the stakeholders and to develop future refinery leaders.
- Works with HR on procedures involving disciplinary action as well as lead Industrial Relations issues with the Union as required, in conjunction with HR.
- Remains current on all laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting area of responsibility.
- To work as directed by the CEO or board members.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Process Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in process unit operations in chemicals, oil refineries, gas or gas to liquids plants
- Must have line management experience
- Previous working experience in an independent company environment is an advantage.
- Demonstrated track record of working with unions is an advantage.
- Good understanding of HSSE requirements and management of change
- Good knowledge of process safety and personal safety
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!