Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
||Oil & Gas; Finance
Email Wai Ling
||Highly Attractive Package
||13th March 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the top Oil & Gas companies in Malaysia and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Support in formulating the company’s future direction and tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the Company Management Team to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, tax, and treasury accountabilities/departments.
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and comply with regulations, laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Risk Management:
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements including operating licenses.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Financial Information:
- Ensure credibility of Finance team by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts to the management team.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange for debt and equity financing, FX lines and hedging strategies and Invest funds.
- Third Parties:
- Maintain banking relationships, represent the company with investment bankers and investors.
- Direct the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
- Manage more than 10 subordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Accountancy or relevant field.
- Possessed Professional qualification recognised by Malaysia Institute of Accountants.
- At least 15 years of experience in financial managerial position.
- Treasury experience.
- Experienced in manufacturing / public listed company would be preferred.
- Key competences:
- Builds Shared Vision Knowledge.
- Champions Customer and Stakeholder Focus Knowledge.
- Maximizes Business Opportunities Knowledge.
- Demonstrates Self Mastery Knowledge.
- Demonstrates Courage Knowledge.
- Values Difference Knowledge.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!