Category, General Manager
||Procurement; Oil & Gas
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 480,000 per annum
||22nd July 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a top Oil & Gas provider, one of the top Bursa companies, and operating in 20 countries. They are looking for a Category, General Manager, reporting to the Head of Procurement.
- Develop, execute and sustain commercial category solutions:
- Through contract assessments, category plans, business partner engagement and spend analytics, identify sourcing opportunities and commercial strategies.
- Oversee complex category specific sourcing projects including development, implementation and evaluation of the solicitation, negotiations preparation and execution, contract award and implementation and supplier management.
- Perform market analysis and leverage supply chain knowledge to understand and articulate market trends, which may impact internal stakeholders and category strategies.
- Identify, setup and execute long-term frame agreements with key subcontractors and suppliers.
- Conduct data mining and analysis using ERP system.
- Continuous improvements & delivery of value add:
- Forecast future expenditure patterns within key business segments, develop appropriate strategies to ensure budgeted value improvements are proactively identified and implemented.
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated.
- Coach and lead the category management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or relevant field.
- More than 15 years of working experience in related field. Preferably in Oil & Gas industry.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong commercial and market understanding and forecasting experience.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!