Business Solutions Specialist
||Up to MYR 72,000 per annum
||27th November 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for a Business Solutions Specialist, reporting to Manager/Assistant Manager of Business Solutions.
- Gather and understand accounting and finance related business requirements Local Business Units with consultations with the Global Financial Solutions (GFS) sub-units, Group Finance and Group Investment.
- Provide preliminary assessment on system capabilities against business requirements with consultations with SAP COE.
- Perform UAT on the business solutions, implementation monitoring and provision of post-implementation support.
- Participate in investment/finance projects impacting GFS operations, including requirements gathering, UAT, implementation and post-implementation support.
- Provide ongoing support and expertise in day-to-day GFS operations, including troubleshooting and issues resolution.
- Provide support to the team leaders of GFS sub-units and team members for BAU activities where required, including during month end closes and surges in volume.
- Maintain high quality of documentation for projects / enhancement and in accordance with GFS Business Process Manuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent field.
- Pursuing Internationally Recognized Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA, CPA etc) is an added advantage.
- At least 2 of years accounting and finance experience with a multi-national asset management/insurance operation, accounting and auditing experience with a big-sized accounting firm specializing in the financial services industry.
- Experienced in a shared services or similar environment, providing investment accounting services to external/internal stakeholders will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of investment products (Bonds, Equities, Mutual Funds, Structured Notes, Asset Backed Securities, Derivatives etc) including both accounting and investment characteristics.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Knowledge of control environments/internal controls in an investment accounting operation is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP FAM, SAP FICO, SAP CM, Ariba and Concur.
- Knowledge in Bloomberg, Reuters or any market data providers.
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent self-motivation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate basic leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with excellent MS Excel skills.
- Travelling is required.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!