Business Development Manager, Public Sector and GLC
||Petaling Jaya, Selangor
||Up to MYR 180,000 + commission
||5th January 2021
Our client is a leading accounting firm. As part of their expansion program to meet their client’s needs, they are looking for a person for the above role.
As the Business Development – Manager, you’ll be responsible to support the division in growing account revenues and by managing all significant sales pursuits for the account, helping the account team identify, qualify, and prioritize sales leads; develop sales strategies and plans; and close sales. This role requires a high level of sales expertise in large accounts as well as strong leadership skills.
- Manage the sales process for the portfolio of strategic opportunities in the account-including identifying and closing new business.
- Secure and manage firm resources to close new business opportunities.
- Ensure consistent pricing and contractual arrangements within the account.
- Work with the account team to identify new areas for growth.
- Ensure all sales opportunities are forecast and tracked.
- Conduct win/loss reviews to determine what factors caused the firm to win or lose business and proactively share this information with the account team.
- Coach the account team regarding the account management activities, including the account management system.
- Facilitate implementation of the relationship management process.
- Support the division in the efforts to develop the account strategy and plan.
- Facilitate assessment of the client’s strategy to develop high-value “breakthrough” ideas.
- Identify contacts, develop and account network, and foster buy-in to the strategy.
- Sponsor account-wide knowledge and technology initiatives and share lessons learned and success stories with other team members.
- Recognised university degree in Business Studies/Marketing or equivalent.
- At least 5 – 8 years relevant experience in business development.
- Proven track record of working with local government authorities/government-linked companies.
- Strong ability to influence and drive behavioural change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others.
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful and able to work under pressure.
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong decision-making skills, such as prioritizing relationships/clients and overcome obstacle.
- Deep and current knowledge of region/market trends, issues and competitive intelligence.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!