Assistant Vice President, Finance
||Finance; Financial Services
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 93,600 per annum
||24th June 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a Malaysian-based financial holding company and they create partnerships with insurance companies by providing advisory services i.e. actuarial, risk management, capital management, investment management, etc. They are looking for an Assistant Vice President, Finance, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance.
This role is to manage day-to-day operations of the Finance Department and provide support to the SVP Finance on all Finance related matters.
- Financial Management, Accounting & Reporting:
- Develop, plan, execute and review finance policies and procedures, internal controls and ensure effective and efficient implementation of the same to ensure consistency and transparency.
- Timely preparation of monthly management reports, financial reports for individual company and consolidated financial statements, statutory accounts in accordance with accounting standards, guidelines and legal requirements.
- Manage new and existing regulatory requirements where appropriate and incorporate them into the financial and management accounts.
- Manage the accounting function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and fixed assets register.
- Ensure all transactions are supported with proper approval and relevant supporting documents as well as record in the accounting system.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Monitor and analyse the monthly operating results against budget.
- Manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadlines.
- Preparation of management reports and performance deck that are appropriate for monitoring of financial and operational results performance.
- Provide recommendations/improvements on various finance related processes and procedures.
- Finance Systems Management:
- Manage, develop and maintain all financial systems consistent with internal controls procedures and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure the robustness of all finance systems taking into account any required enhancements and upgrades required.
- Treasury & Investment:
- Responsible for the approval of day to day treasury movements adhering to the appropriate financial policy and procedures i.e. fund management.
- Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Responsible in the preparation of investment dashboard and Asset & Liability Committee (“ALCO”) deck.
- Review investment processes and procedures to make appropriate amendments where necessary to ensure relevancy of current policies in relation to business and operational needs.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of policies and practices pertaining to all investment matters to ensure consistency and transparency.
- Provide pro-active investment support by giving advice, interpretation to all relevant issues and matters to ensure compliance with laws and regulations on investment and analyse the investment reports from subsidiaries.
- Assist with the preparation of the detailed annual budget and forecasts including the consolidated budget.
- Develop appropriate systems, to further automate the budget and forecasting processes.
- Prepare the operational budget timetable and work with other business functions to enable the business to meet agreed deadlines.
- Prepare company annual budget. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the budget for management approval. Continuously monitor actual expenditure against budget and undertake appropriate control measures to ensure operations are conducted cost effectively within approved budget.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, accounting policy, practice and current developments.
- Tax Planning:
- Manage all tax compliance matters on corporate tax and withholding tax (including managing external oursource tax service providers, if any).
- Review or/and prepare and ensure that all local tax documents, disclosures, filings and submissions are complete, timely prepared, filed and payment made and if any to coordinate tax audits.
- Ensure appropriate application of Malaysian tax laws to effectively minimize liabilities, risks and exposures.
- Ensure compliance to Tax Transfer Pricing Policies and ensure regular updates are performed on the Tax Transfer Pricing documentations and policies.
- Liaise and/or follow up with Tax Consultant on any tax refunds, issues and clarification.
- General Finance:
- Liaise with subsidiaries, external auditors, tax agents, bankers, insurers and statutory bodies.
- Any other ad-hoc requirements as and when required by the SVP Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce or relevant field.
- Possess professional qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc. would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant field.
- Preferred candidates with Insurance and Audit background.
- Possess strong group consolidation skill.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!