Assistant Manager, Investment Accounting (Projects)
||Finance & Accounting; Outsourcing
||Up to MYR 96,000 per annum
||6th November 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for an Assistant Manager, Investment Accounting who will be reporting to the Manager of Investment Accounting. This position shall be accountable for the support on management, technical ability/support and delivery relating to Investment Accounting projects in accordance with applicable accounting & regulatory policies, standard and guidelines.
- Support the Manager of Investment Accounting in managing the investment accounting related projects to ensure that all investment accounting projects are managed and executed accurately, in a complete manner and on a timely basis.
- Update new / change in investment accounting processing and manual in accordance with Business Process Manuals and applicable accounting policies & standards.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the Investment Accounting team.
- Attend and respond to investment accounting enquiries from Group and Local Finance and Investment Operations teams, and other relevant stakeholders, satisfactorily and in a timely manner relating to Investment Accounting projects as a subject matter expert.
- Assess, recommend and implement improvements in investment accounting processes and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency of daily processing, including interdependencies with upstream / downstream processes and systems and incorporation of changes onto Business Process Manuals.
- Support the Manager of Investment Accounting in resource planning, including budgeting and monitoring, recruitment and training, employee engagement and development, performance reviews and appraisals, and succession planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or relevant field.
- Possess Internationally Recognized Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA, CPA etc).
- 5 + Years investment accounting experience in multi-national insurance, asset management and/or unit trust companies.
- 1 + years of supervisory or management experience in the above position.
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment providing project related investment operations and/or accounting services to external/internal stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of investment products (fixed income, equities, funds, structured products, asset-backed securities, derivatives, money market etc) including both their investment characteristics and accounting treatments.
- Knowledge of control environments in an investment operations and/or accounting environment.
- Experience in investment accounting and/or operations systems (SAP FAM, Bloomberg, Reuters etc) and architecture.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!