Assistant General Manager, Merger & Acquisition
||Merge & Acquisition; Telecommunication
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 180,000 per annum
||16h January 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a leading communications service provider in Malaysia. They are looking for an Assistant General Manager, Merger & Acquisition, reporting to the General Manager, Financial Advisory & Business Development.
- Lead and perform key analysis to identify, define and promote (new) strategic initiatives to support growth and optimize cost structures & productivity. Evaluate all possible options, linkages, risks, benefits and impact across the key areas.
- Initiate, drive and lead collaborations among the Groups team on specific projects as assigned from the management.
- Drive and manage business performance through the development of periodic cadence, including business and operational planning and review.
- Analyze and present insights on enhancement and proposal of new model for businesses.
- Facilitate cross divisional discussions, trade-offs, negotiations or agreements so that decisions are made or action plans are executed, in line with the main objectives and strategic direction of the Group.
- Perform market and industry review and assessment to support the strategic and financial investment plan, as well as business development initiatives. Assess impact to the Group’s financial results, strategy and regulatory matters and suggest appropriate action plans.
- Lead an effective commercial and actionable business decision on rationalization/restructuring of existing Business Units/Subsidiaries and/or new investment opportunities to support value added/business growth/efficiency within the Group.
- Lead the team in evaluation of potential inorganic (M&A) opportunities which may have strategic fit within the Group.
- Lead the team in managing the execution of all initiatives related to financial advisory and business development activities such as valuation, deal structuring and negotiation; including close liaison with financial advisers, auditors and solicitors (where relevant).
- Lead the team in ensuring proper post-deal integration of any inorganic exercise to ensure proper ownership and operations of acquired target within the Group to realize synergies.
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Finance/Engineering/Business.
- At least 7 years of experience in related field.
- Experienced in Finance, Project Management & Strategy Development.
- Able to identify key root cause of issues and concerns surrounding the LOB environment and can provide solid recommendations for further improvement and implementation
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Rachel at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!