APAC Procurement Director
||Up to MYR 300,000 per annum
||20th February 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a global leader in providing information, analytical and marketing services to organizations and consumers to help manage the risk, reward of commercial and financial decision. They are looking for an APAC Procurement Director, reporting to the Global Chief Procurement Officer.
- Ensure that the Company’s APAC region gets best value from the USD 80M annual spend with external vendors in the region, by ensuring robust and auditable commercial and contracting processes are in place.
- Ensure that APAC countries benefit from global deals in place by implementing the global procurement processes and policies, and working collaboratively with the other regions to audit compliance and measure benefits against the global deals.
- Manage relationships and drive efficiencies in the external supplier base for the Malaysia-based BI reports delivery centre. There are between 30 and 40 data and information providers to the BI centre.
- Ensure that supply related risk is evaluated and appropriately managed to protect the Company’s interests and brand.
- Accountable to provide regional leadership on procurement and supply chain issues and to work with the business units to deliver defined and measurable year on year savings through negotiation, vendor consolidation and delivering global opportunities.
- Report savings, track exceptions and identify opportunities to the APAC Executive.
- Ensure that audit requirements are met and that contracts are stored within the Ariba contract repository and use this to proactively manage contract renewals.
- Ensure the Company Corporate Responsibility agenda on supply chain is delivered, including anti bribery and modern slavery requirements.
- Ensure that contract terms and conditions adequately safeguard the Company from loss or exposure to unnecessary business risk.
- Ensure current infrastructure establishes a sound foundation for effective contract administration and supplier management.
Measures of Performance:
- Cost reduction leadership and vendor rationalisation, acquisition and Integration. Providing procurement leadership on the USD 80M external spend:
- Strategies in place and reviewed with Execs regularly.
- Spend reduction plans in place and formally measured.
- Deliver savings targets across region.
- Vendor numbers controlled to defined strategy, exceptions reported.
- Provision of Exec reporting / feedback.
- Supplier contracting and risk management:
- Contracts in place. Contracts reflect appropriate terms and conditions risk mitigation.
- Audit requirements met exceptions formally tracked to closure.
- Contract MI and renewal timetable in place.
- Supplier management:
- Supplier performance metrics in place and improvement trends visible.
- Additional, measurable value being driven from existing vendors.
- Personal and team development and management:
- PDPs in place for self and team including both hard technical and softer relationship / consulting skills.
- Mentoring scheme in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and with at least 10 years of commercial career experience across a broad range of business sectors.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing or equivalent professional body.
- Highly developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex numerical and non-numerical data.
- Ability to quantify and present qualitative data.
- Good understanding of Commercial Law.
- Relationship building and influencing at an executive level both internally and externally, in person and remotely, including an ability to adapt to a variety of cultures and time zones.
- Influence and manage direct and indirect staff in various countries to maintain good purchasing governance and outcomes.
- Communication and reporting skills.
- Flexibility in working across complex internal and external organizational structures often having to facilitate dialog across suppliers and multiple Business Units to achieve optimal terms and conditions for the Company as a whole.
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate a team working across, functional, geographical and business boundaries.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!