Actuarial Manager & Director
||25th June 2020
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a global actuarial consulting firm and they are looking for managers and directors to work in the Asean region with global and international insurance companies.
- Participate in / Manage on-going insurance/actuarial projects, ranging from valuation and pricing, Merger & Acquisitions (“M&A”), process improvement, auditing, marketing activities and research and development with extensive client engagement opportunities.
- Be heavily involved with IFRS 17, risk and capital management around the South East Asian region.
- Expected to have strong Prophet modelling skills and have had at least five years working experience in the life insurance industry.
- Work closely with the regional teams based in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Australia.
You can expect to manage projects and junior team members. These projects may span multiple workstreams (both technical actuarial and non-actuarial) and at the same time you may have to maintain key client contacts and liaison.
- At least 7 years of experience in Life Insurance
- Advanced Prophet modelling skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Access)
- Any other computing skills in R/Python/VBA/SAS/SQL is an advantage.
- Progressing well in the actuarial exams.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills in English, be self-motivated, and be able to work in stressful situations with changing priorities.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think out-of-the-box, work under pressure and tight project timelines.
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented.
- Proven demonstration of sound business acumen, teamwork and leadership qualities.
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!