VP of Investment Analyst/Private Investment/Public Equity
||Investment, Financial Institution
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 570,000 per annum
||26th July 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the country’s premier investment institution. They have acquired many large and strategic companies, and many are industry leaders in their own respective fields, such as financial, insurance, plantation, property, automotive, logistics, infrastructure, pharmaceuticals and chemicals. They are looking for VPs of Investment Analyst, Private Investment and Public Equity.
- Annual planning involving task scheduling to ensure that all tasks are evenly spread across the department throughout the year, in order to achieve department’s KPI.
- Lead, manage and coach a team of investment analysts in performing their task effectively.
- Coach analysts in:
- Identifying, evaluating and making timely investment recommendations for quoted and unquoted stocks globally, inclusive of special Bumiputera issues, private placements, rights issues and other corporate proposals to Senior Management, Investment, Investment Committee and/or Board of Directors for approval.
- Analyzing and monitoring a specific industry to be able to form a comprehensive view and recommendations in relation to sector performance and the implication to stock valuation (top down approach).
- Developing and maintaining earnings model for companies under sector coverage to forecast earnings and analyze company performance.
- Developing and maintaining valuation models to identify mispriced companies that will outperform selected benchmark (bottom up approach and value approach).
- Undertaking studies of corporate restructuring to assess impact on existing investment or to identify investment opportunities.
- Undertaking megatrend studies, assess impact on existing investment and/or identify investment opportunities.
- Ensure risk elements are being considered in assessing investment opportunities.
- Establish and maintain networking with management of quoted and unquoted companies, stockbroking houses and government authorities in order to keep abreast with companies and industry developments and identify investment opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure system procedures are up to date and adequate for full compliance to ISO9001:2015.
- Advise portfolio managers and dealers on development and prospects of companies under sector coverage on a timely manner to enable sound investment decision.
- Be a team member to formulate quarterly investment strategy for approval by the investment committee and to be implemented by company and its unit trusts funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Investment, Accounting, Banking or equivalent.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in the investment industry, eg. Banking, Foreign Investment, etc.
- A CFA charterholder is preferable.
- Knowledgeable of the financial market (eg. stock market).
- Solid understanding of financial set-up, procedures, statistics and economics.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Good people management skill.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!