||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 168,000 per annum
||15th August 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a diversified group of companies based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and is involved in many industries ranging from steel production, property, mining and other investments. The core businesses include the purchase of significant stakes in publicly listed companies in Malaysia and Australia. They are currently looking for a Tax Manager to manage the taxation matters for their group of companies.
- Develop and execute tax planning strategy, overseeing tax compliance and strategic initiatives.
- Review and monitor of all taxation computations and returns to relevant taxation authorities, such as corporate tax, GST, withholding tax, transfer pricing documentations, and etc.
- Monitor taxation payments and taxation estimates deadlines.
- Liaise with external authorities and tax agents on group and individual companies’ taxation matters.
- Attend to tax matters in relations to Inland Revenue Board (IRB) or auditors.
- Assist in indirect taxation work.
- Participate in provisional and final taxation computations for the purpose of audit, taxation estimate and quarterly financial results announcement.
- Formulate taxation recommendations and strategies.
- Participate in taxation related researches and special projects.
- Plan and implement process for improvement for better tax planning purposes and internal tax compliance.
- Recommend strategies for taxation savings and be responsible for managing taxation risks and facilitating taxation audits.
- Provide taxation related solutions in relation to financial, regulatory and operational issues.
- Support and coordinate applications for tax incentives as well as support taxation related due diligence on projects.
- Review contracts / agreements for taxation implications and provide recommendations.
- Keep the Management updated on latest taxation developments and identify opportunities for taxation planning.
- Keep updated with the latest progression and/or amendments of government taxation related acts and to advice the Management accordingly.
- Ensure all taxation transactions and matters are handled in accordance and compliance with the statutory regulatory and compliance framework of the Company.
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by superior from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy, Banking, Taxation or any related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Must be able to prepare financial/taxation reports, strategic planning/framework proposals, policies and procedures manuals, presentation materials, contracts and/or agreements and etc.
- Must have good problem solving skills with an ability to analyse complex taxation and financial data.
- Proactive, independent, mature, well-organized and highly adaptive in challenging working environment.
- Pleasant personality with excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Required language(s): English, Chinese and Malay
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Karen at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!