Senior Project Development Technologist
||Oil & Gas, Engineering
||Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
||MYR144,000-218,000 per annum
||12th October 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is an O&G refining company and a listed company. Its main business is to refine and manufacture petroleum products and it is the one of the largest refinery in Malaysia. This role is part of a project development team which is tasked to lead and deliver the compliance projects.
- Participate in the Project Development/Scouting process for medium to large CAPEX projects, which mainly consist of the compliance projects, e.g. Euro-IV Mogas, Euro-V Gasoil upgrade and Clean Air Act requirement.
- Take a leading role over the development of both technical and commercial aspect and end-to-end delivery of the projects. This includes providing design information required by the licensors and EPC contractor, development of scope of work documents to support capital cost estimates and project economic justification.
- Develop projects identified in the Company’s business plan, according to the project management system and the refinery MOC system, in close cooperation with the project department. Ensure that the IPs are submitted in a timely manner and that the required functional support is obtained.
- Follow through to implementation and evaluation of the success of a project is an integral part of the job.
- Support Project Team in preparation of estimates for funding requests to the Board and participate as needed in these reviews.
- Coordinate and integrate various parties and key stakeholders to achieve the common goal. The integration is not only limited to internal refinery, it will also involve 3rd parties. E.g. licensors, contractors, vendors, engineering contractors, technologists, contracting & procurement.
- Subject matter expert in technology in project preparation and be knowledgeable of the Project Development / Management Systems requirements. Act as a technical mentor in the area of Project Management System for other staff in the department to ensure continuous compliance with the requirements.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of business opportunities from specific studies, e.g. Site Value Growth Plan, Strategic Business Improvement Plan.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted and managed in accordance with the agreed HSE practices and procedures as outlined in the Refinery HSSE Management System and Group guidelines.
- Ensure and manage 3rd party contractors to deliver project design within budget and schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 6 years of working experience in the field of Process Engineering
- Prior experience in the Crude Refining processing environment would be an added advantage.
- Exposure or inclination to the Project Development aspects of Process Engineering would be an added advantage.
- Experience in handling projects and compliance with HSSE and Process Safety throughout development and execution stages.
- Demonstrate ability to gather data (through data searches and personal interviews) and draw sound conclusions leading to the identification of the right approach, coupled with the ability to develop appropriate solutions to issues encountered throughout the project.
- Good, effective and efficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed-oriented and able to document work clearly and explicitly.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!