Senior Legal Counsel
||Legal, Oil & Gas
||Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
||8th October 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is an O&G refining company and a listed company. Its main business is to refine and manufacture petroleum products and it is the one of the largest refinery in Malaysia. They are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to oversee and manage the legal issues and ensure corporate governance compliance for the Company.
- Reporting to the Deputy CEO.
- Provide sound risk legal advice on the business and operational matters.
- Lead and support any disputes, litigation or arbitration matter involving the company.
- Supporting the management team in their day-to-day business operations.
- Monitor and review legislative developments and support the business in the implementation when required.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures and ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Engage with key external legal stakeholders for the Company, e.g. Bursa Securities, the Companies Commission of Malaysia, Securities Commission Malaysia.
- A qualified lawyer called to the English Bar and the Malaysian Bar.
- Overall 20 years of working experience – a practicing lawyer for at least 4+ years; in-house legal counsel with public listed company (listed on the UK and Malaysian stock exchange) for at least 10 years.
- Has around 5+ years experience in Oil and Gas related / Engineering multi-national company.
- Has a Master’s Degree in Commercial Law.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!