Network Management System (NMS) Administrator
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 120,000 per annum
||14th September 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the top telecommunications company in Australia. They provide a diverse range of communication services to residential users, wholesale customers, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), government and large corporate enterprises. They have recently set up a Regional IT team in Malaysia to provide IT support to the Australian region. They are looking for Network Management System (NMS) Administrator (2 headcounts).
- Development/Automation and support/maintenance of In-house scripts/tools/plugins and reports.
- Ability to drive Perl and python programming language.
- Research and Testing/Simulation of other NMS open source tools.
- Generate reports from inventory and billing systems.
- Setup and configure Unix/Linux/Windows servers for monitoring.
- Troubleshooting capabilities for various applications hosted on UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms. Eg ability to debug issues using OS specific tools like linux ps,truss and tcpdump
- Support/Maintenance of DNS servers e.g. DNSMAN tool, men and mice dns management and generic host name servers.
- Processing request for new TACACS (Terminal Access Controller Access Control System) accounts, modification of router commands level access and add/remove/change devices.
- Processing request for new Support tickets and Queues.
- Troubleshoot issues e.g. OS jumpbox logins (private/public key), MRTG (Multi Router Traffic Grapher) graph, Observium.
- Support/Maintenance of various systems/servers e.g. Nagios, MRTG, Cacti, eHealth, TACACS, Syslogs.
- SQL knowledge and ability to login and setup db’s. eg postgres,mysql and oracle.
- Work/Collaborate with other teams.
- Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Candidate must be a Bachelor’s Degree holder of any Computer Science or Information Technology course or equivalent
- Must have at least 5 years relevant experience
- Should have strong routing and switch networking skills
- Linux certification is an added advantage
- Preferably with Linux/UNIX Background
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!