Head of Tax
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 204,000 per annum
||16h January 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a leading communications service provider in Malaysia. They are looking for a Head of Tax.
- Manage the global tax calendar and oversee the timely submission of all tax related filings, in Malaysia and global operations
- Oversee the Malaysian GAAP consolidated income tax provision for the Malaysian parent and group of subsidiaries as well as foreign operations and investments and ensuring that the companies’ tax provisions and balance sheet tax accounts are properly stated. This includes assessment on the need to hire local or regional supervising accounting firms.
- Supervising the tax accounting provision process and reporting for the company and Group’s operations, including reporting of uncertain tax positions and ensuring optimal tax cash flows whilst minimising tax recoverability issues.
- Optimising the Group’s tax planning by exhausting all opportunities in terms of tax incentives available.
- Oversee preparation and Filing of all Local global Tax Compliance Obligations.
- Oversee preparation of Indirect tax i.e. Witholding Tax, SST and other foreign taxes.
- Manage the company’s transfer pricing policy and maintain required transfer pricing documentation. 8. Manage, assess and ensure full compliance to Country by Country Reporting for the entire Group.
- Rethink the firm’s legal structure to match our business needs; oversee related corporate governance requirements.
- Monitor and provide analysis of legislative, budgetary and regulatory developments. Evaluate potential impact of tax legislation on the company and recommend the proper course of action.
- Help identify, evaluate, and advise management on the income tax consequences of current and proposed strategic transactions.
- Oversee tax function transformation for the Group, in particular to address robotics process automation as well as digitalisation of the economy hence the related tax issues arising.
- Manage all tax audits, as needed.
- Liaising and maintaining the necessary professional rapport and relationship with the relevant Government authorities and agencies in safeguarding the interest of the Group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or relevant field.
- 8+ years of tax experience, preferably with experience in-house with a multinational technology or telecommunication industry. Or equivalent experience in accounting firm.
- Qualified professional tax designation and qualifications.
- Experienced in managing corporate tax requirement for multi-national corporation and cross borders operations.
- Exposed and experienced in telecommunication industry will be an added advantage.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Rachel at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!