Head of Mergers & Acquisitions
Email Wai Ling
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 480,000 per annum
||26th January 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is an award winning private healthcare group in the region, backed by stakeholders comprising of a multinational conglomerate and one of the global hospital groups. They are looking for an expert to identify and execute all investment activities such as mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures to accelerate the expansion of the clients’ business operations in Asia.
- Monitoring and evaluating potential strategic acquisition targets through industry landscape analysis, company profiling and working with the Board and senior management.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with relevant investment banks, business targets and strategic partners.
- Executing all investment / divestment activities, joint ventures and business partnerships.
- Systematically manage and build the investment pipeline in consultation with the Board and senior management.
- Manage the entire deal cycle from bidding to deal structuring and ultimately closing.
- Lead cross-functional due diligence and deal teams to assess opportunities and negotiate deal terms. These teams will comprise both internal company resources as well as external advisers such as legal firms, financial advisors, industry experts, accounting firms and other relevant professional advisors.
- Develop the strategic rationale for investments and partnerships, the risk assessment and risk return profile.
- Develop the financial rationale, including pro-forma combination models, transaction synergies and dis-synergies, and valuation analysis including discounted cash flows.
- Work closely with business leaders to identify key integration risk areas, develop an integration plan and effectively manage the post-acquisition integration and transition process to ensure value realisation targets are achieved.
- Articulate and present the investment thesis to the Board and senior management, including its strategic fit, financial return, and risk profile.
- Background in either investment, banking or corporate finance is preferred.
- Specific experience in listings, IPOs, due diligence and mergers & acquisitions is mandatory.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Superior financial and commercial acumen – preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments under time pressure.
- Highest levels of business and personal ethics and integrity.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!