||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR360,000 per annum
||4th December 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
The client is a Khazanah-owned environmental, waste management & renewable energy solutions company. They are looking for several Project Managers and Senior Process Engineers to join their expanding team and help grow their business. The person will be responsible to provide leadership and support in finance and financially related matters to the group of companies to achieve the objectives of the Finance Division, which in turn is aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the financial management and reporting (statutory and management reporting) of the Companies under their purview.
- Responsible for the income tax and tax planning of the companies under their purview and also tax planning of the Group.
- Manage and oversee the strategic planning process of the Companies with regard to financial matters, and achievement of financial returns of the Companies under his/her purview.
- Manage the solvency and liquidity in the Companies under his/her purview, i.e. optimal treasury management, availability of funds for investment and operational needs, and risk management.
- Provide hands-on advisory from a finance perspective to business operational units (both local and overseas).
- Review overall reasonableness of the project costing, financial structure and cost for tender bids/corporate exercises.
- Responsible in reporting the cost structure which is critical for top management decision making in pricing and advising/coordinate with the HODs, Marketing and Operations Heads.
- Implement and oversee compliance to approved financial, accounting and risk management policies.
- Oversee and monitor the integrity, effectiveness and efficiency of the integrated financial management system and internal controls of the finance and finance related functions in local and overseas entities.
- Development of high-performing employees in the department.
- Economic challenges in the form of economic growth, inflationary pressures, changing fiscal and monetary policies and/or market liquidity affecting the cash flows and borrowing capacity of the group. Tactical actions include:
- Possess market intelligence and knowledge in macro economics and financial markets, both locally and globally.
- Ensure that financial action plans and loan covenants are adhered to.
- Monitor relevant leading financial indicators and budget controls, raise red flags at the appropriate time and propose immediate remedial action plans.
- Keep abreast with the developments of the operations and the business for the achievement of financial strategies and objectives.
- Onerous statutory responsibilities. Hence, it is imperative to develop competent staff, identify issues, apply policies and internal controls, provides value add cum problem solving advice and/or monitor of staff. Basic knowledge in legal and IT matters are necessary.
- Resolution of operational issues often requires innovative solutions and influencing skills.
- Possess business acumen and is financially savvy as part of any tender-bid committee member.
- Development of high performance and motivated staff through coaching, empowerment and proper career advancement plan.
- Minimum degree majoring in Accounting/Finance and/or professional qualification and/or MBA.
- Member of MIA.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience in related fields with at least 3 years in middle management.
- Sound technical knowledge in accounting and tax.
- Sound IT knowledge in Microsoft application and financial systems.
- Has good leadership, problem solving, strategic management, analytical and decision making skills.
- Results oriented and meticulous.
- Possess high level of business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Daesi at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!